Egg Study 4

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I finally cracked the egg and played around with lighting from below and no lighting from below. My goal was to get different "looks" out of the egg from pure to abstract. I'm pretty happy with the results :)

The biggest thing I struggled with was the first shot, how to frame the egg, I was trying to shoot straight down but I think I may have been at a bit of an angle.

I'm still set up to shoot in case I want to go back and play again today so would love to hear your thoughts!
Thanks for taking a look :)

A world inside.

Eye

Can we please see this with its accompanying study 'bacon'?

;)

Interesting... I'm not 100% sure these are grabbing me the way your work normally does.

Funny.. I don't usually get abstract, but I am really taken with the 2nd.

You should really title this "SACRIFICE THE UNBORN TO THE GREAT GODS OF CREATION" or something like that.

I agree, I really, really like 2.

I also like 2, would be a cool print

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Lol!

Thanks all :)

I like #2 the most, but I would suggest doing an HDR or something on it to get more detail in the egg white around the outsides (not cartoony tonemapping, just HDR so it doesn't block out the shadow detail so much). Not so much that it ruins the initial mystery of it. But right now, it's just sort of black with a few pixels of hinting at detail, and isn't very interesting compared to the yolk, so it just sort of feels like matting. If the outer detail were more similar to the amount you can see in #3 (but not inverted), I think that would be ideal.

Seriously? An egg?!

It is almost.......ingenious! I like 'em all really..definitely more detail in the 2nd one would be interesting but I definitely am appreciating the effort.

Thanks Gav and Blackpoet :)

Gav, thanks for the suggestion, there is lots of light in the edits to play with so I will revisit to see what I can come up with :)

#1 looks best to me. Or, it is morning and I am rather hungry ? In any case, I go and fry few for breakfast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back