Egrets at 1000mm

matthewo

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
gave the 2x converter a test. sometimes good results, as long as your not cropping much, but in reality its better to just use a 1.4x and crop more if using a d800, now if Nikon could come out with a tc17e version III, I would be all over that.

1)don't mind me, I will just step on your head.
pr_1.jpg

2)
pr_2.jpg

3)
pr_3.jpg

4)
pr_4.jpg

5)
pr_6.jpg

6)
pr_7.jpg

7)
pr_8.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful captures! I really like numbers 4 & 5. I wish that the foreground wasn't so busy in number 5 but, never the less I still like the action in that shot.

#4.... WOW! #6 is excellent also... also like #2 and #3....

Lovely!

Not normally impressed by nature photos, I can appreciate the skill involved no doubt - just not normally something I'm interested in unless they're outstanding. And these are just outstanding! Great job!

#2 is awesome! Have not been able to capture an egret like that before. Very cool!

thanks all, I have have yet to process the ones using the straight 500mm and with the 1.4 converter.

that's where the good ones are :)

Everyone else has already said it so I'll just echo their comments. Absolutely first rate shots.

Wow, pretty impressive at 1000mm! Nice series.

#2 is my favorite! Looking forward to seeing the 500mm with the 1.4!!

love 'em all, but #3 and#4 for me.

Great series!

thanks, i really need to start limiting my shots i came back with about 250 from the trip and most are in focus and correctly exposed, makes going through them very time consuming. just so much activity at one place. but next post just plan to put the best

Nice work. I like #5 the most, but 6 and 7 are also quite good too. Egrets are such amazing birds. I agree with you, a new, top-notch, aspheric element design 1.7x TC from Nikon would be pretty sweet. I owned a TC-20e or whatever it was for a while...ehhhh....it cost me more quality than I was comfortable with...my 1.4x models seem better....not as much gain, but not as much pain,either!

4,5,&6 for me. Really like the color in 4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back