Egyptian Vulture

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
30630608986_4ed0c42b97_b.jpg

Taken at Africa Alive (Kesingland Zoo)
Canon 7D + Sigma 120-300mm f2.8

So got to the zoo after nearly a year of saying "maybe next weekend". 120-300mm works great; sometimes a little long and I wanted to reach for my 70-200mm but the 300mm end is great for getting just a little closer and getting a bit more personal or at least removing distracting zoo buildings/fences from the shot.

I like it. Wider would give me more to look at, but the bust shot is nice too.

My thanks both - sadly a wider angle was risky considering that the wire was already a problem to shoot through; that and 120mm doesn't give a whole lot of room to move around in (esp when you have to stay close to the wire to keep it as much out of shot as possible).

Understandable. Sometimes you can out of focus the wires so badly they virtually disappear if the subject is far enough away, but in a small pen that's not an option.

(Argh, my x-rite is screaming that it's been a week since my monitor was calibrated so I better go give it some love so it shuts up. :) )

Looks like they finally put Rod Stewart in a cage...

30630608986_4ed0c42b97_b.jpg

Taken at Africa Alive (Kesingland Zoo)
Canon 7D + Sigma 120-300mm f2.8

So got to the zoo after nearly a year of saying "maybe next weekend". 120-300mm works great; sometimes a little long and I wanted to reach for my 70-200mm but the 300mm end is great for getting just a little closer and getting a bit more personal or at least removing distracting zoo buildings/fences from the shot.

Great shot. I really like my 1.4 TC in combo with the 70-200 mm for a lot of zoo shots, 98-280 turns out to be extremely usable at the zoo and the 1.4 seems to have pretty negligible impact on image quality.

Thanks all :)

Robins - yes a 1.4TC is a great thing on a 70-200mm and as you say it typically has little impact on image quality (thre is, of course, some but very marginal esp once processed for display)

Most reactions

Back