Electric Blue

glow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_3381c-saved.jpg

I haven't been doing too well as a newbie, according to my critiques so I'll restart here and work my way up. Hope ya'll like.

First thing I think of is that a lower angle would've helped this shot a lot. Also, maybe if you could've gotten more toward the front. I realize that's definitely not always possible, but I think it would've helped the composition of this shot. I really like the vivid colors, can't say I've ever seen one like that myself.

Don't worry about the critiques, just apply the constructive advice and keep shooting! I like the contrast in color, very cool. One little bit of advice from a part time photographer... You see the dragon fly sitting there and you say "ooh, gotta take that shot!". Next time, ask your self what you are really trying to capture. Photography is not about replication but expression. So, as I am always having to practice as well, I ask my self what look am I trying to get here. In a while, that question in your head will be 2nd nature.

I mention all of this because I noticed your image as the other poster mentioned could have been at a lower angle. The image we have here is probably what you saw and you shot it. Next time, just ask your self, "how would this bug look really cool??"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back