Electric Mary C/C!! Please Help!!

wharvey86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo about a two years ago, and it sat in the back of aperture since then. I just received an email from my university saying that they are putting together a centennial calendar and are looking for submissions that show the spirit of the university. Being a Catholic university, I figured that this picture is perfect for it! I am relatively new to editing photos digitally and I seem to have a terrible eye for judging levels, crops , etc ( I always seem to overdue it!!). So I would love any and all c/c on this photo!! Feel free to play with the image yourself too!! Also I am trying to think of a good quote to go with this photo, so if anyone has an idea for the a good quote to accompany this photo that would be awesome too!! Thanks!!

AwesomeVirginMother.jpg

I like the pic.

The things that pop out at me is it seems that it isnt real level. like it is lower on the right ride a bit. i would also crop out the have a fence column on the left side.

The unfix able part is the I wish the stair case and lights were centered in the arch way.

Those are small things. I like the pic overall

i like that the pic is not centered with the staircase because then you see more of that sweet tree trunk. too much symmetry with the staircase in the middle. just my opinion

Thanks for all of the feedback! I never noticed a few of those things until you guys pointed them out. I guess now I was wondering about the color, saturation, highlights etc. What types of those levels should i play with to make this picture better?!

try to brighten up the marywood arc if you can

I like it too. The trees in the background are a nice touch. One thing you might try is to tone down the brightness of the blue light in the archway so as to not distract from the statue. Also crop out the horizontal wire at the very top.

Thanks for all of the feedback!! Can anyone think of a good quote which might be fitting for this picture? I really wanted to include a quote under the photo for the final submission.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back