elias

spiffybeth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i know the background isnt the most flattering, but he's so cute!!!!!!!

c/c please!

elias2nq1.jpg

The framing is interesting. That empty space is hinting at something, though like you say, it's not all it could be. It's a good attempt.

Aww, he is cute. I love his expression. Did you desaturate him at all? The color tone looks a little strange...

The framing is interesting. That empty space is hinting at something, though like you say, it's not all it could be. It's a good attempt.
LOL. thanks for the feedback, rob!

Aww, he is cute. I love his expression. Did you desaturate him at all? The color tone looks a little strange...
i did not desaturate him, in fact, i warmed him quite a bit because his skin is really pale. can you expand on what you mean by the color tone looks a little strange? thanks for the feedback!!!

thanks, andy!

I like the shot, too. I think Ajay may think that you desaturated because he is so pale. But, as you said, he is really pale.

I like the shot, too. I think Ajay may think that you desaturated because he is so pale. But, as you said, he is really pale.
thanks!

i did not desaturate him, in fact, i warmed him quite a bit because his skin is really pale. can you expand on what you mean by the color tone looks a little strange? thanks for the feedback!!!

It looks kind of gray overall to me. Might just be my eyes.

i dont see the grey, but that doesnt mean it isnt there.

This shot feels like it's from the 1970's. Part of it is the skin, but also his getup and the old cart he is pushing. The colors work though, and I like that he's looking right at the camera. It's almost like he's in another era but doesn't quite know it.

It's nice...one thing that has finally clicked in my head is this:

1) It's not so much where you take the picture, it's how you take it.
2) Make your photograph, don't take it.

I think the soft background gives insight into his life...good composition already, but it would be neat to see how it would look if he was facing in the opposite direction not blocking the fence and door...if you want to black anything...you could try to block the AC when he is in that direction...but it is all characteristic. =) you gotta be careful though (ive learned this in my countless photographs and my teachers lecturing me) is that you do not want to blend his head in with the window...well if it does you have to make it work...aww rules and breaking them...geesh!!

very nice capture of his expression and great play with props!! nice color too. =)

that's two things.. :mrgreen:

nice picture Beth, i like the retro look.

This shot feels like it's from the 1970's. Part of it is the skin, but also his getup and the old cart he is pushing. The colors work though, and I like that he's looking right at the camera. It's almost like he's in another era but doesn't quite know it.

I think the soft background gives insight into his life...good composition already, but it would be neat to see how it would look if he was facing in the opposite direction not blocking the fence and door...if you want to black anything...you could try to block the AC when he is in that direction...but it is all characteristic. =) you gotta be careful though (ive learned this in my countless photographs and my teachers lecturing me) is that you do not want to blend his head in with the window...well if it does you have to make it work...aww rules and breaking them...geesh!!

very nice capture of his expression and great play with props!! nice color too. =)

thanks to the both of you for your detailed feedback.
this shot was actually a snapshot at a birthday party but i cropped it so you wouldnt know. the theme of the party was pirates and all the kids were wearing bandanas with skulls and crossbones, eye patches and they all were carrying swords....except alias.
he was off on his own pushing around the cart in the yard and putting things in the cart. he seemed to be very content playing alone and it seemed like he was in another era lol. i caught this moment as he was coming back from someone else's yard and he stopped pushing the cart so i could take the picture. the background happened by chance, but thats alright because its a nice looking snapshot. i do intend to play around with it some more. thanks again guys!

Most reactions

Back