Eliminating glass reflection

nairbf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We need to take photographs of the furniture in our showroom window. How is it possible to eliminate the reflection in the window? I am assuming a very powerful light of which we don't have or an enormous black cloth to eliminate the other side of the street. Does anyone have more practical suggestions

943890474_EoPFK-Ti.jpg

You could try using a circular polarizing filter.

We need to take photographs of the furniture in our showroom window. How is it possible to eliminate the reflection in the window? I am assuming a very powerful light of which we don't have or an enormous black cloth to eliminate the other side of the street. Does anyone have more practical suggestions

If the reflection is at a 45 degree angle it can be all but eliminated by a polarizer.

Could you post a larger photo? It's impossible to see what you're up against in that tiny thumbnail.

or you could hire a professional photographer.

Reflections are all about the "family of angles". Every shoot pool? Same thing.

Light: Science and Magic an Introduction to Photographic Lighting, by Fil Hunter. The book will cost you $30 or so, used.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_0_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=light+science+and+magic&sprefix=light%3A+Science&ih=11_0_1_1_1_0_1_0_0_1.109_443&fsc=9]Amazon.com: light science and magic[/ame]

Great thanks for all of your replies. I will try a polarizer first and go from there

Most reactions

Back