What's new

Elk in RMNP - C&C

mosu84

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posted this at the bottom of my other thread, but I would like C&C on this specific picture because it needed a lot of post processing, and I'm still not sure how to get it right.

It was very foggy out, so it was tough to get a sharp image.

3773249107_6f1e8dfa93_b.jpg



edit: Here's the shot right out of the camera (it was almost dark out)

dsc0115g.jpg
 
Last edited:
bump

any comments or advice on the PP?
 
I think the edit came out looking good. Maybe a little too much sharpening...the elk is starting to look stuffed.
 
To me it could use a little less yellow (or more blue). It would have been even better at a faster f-ratio, but really nice shot. The fog sure did allow you to crank up the contrast - possibly a hare much as I agree with Samanax that it's starting to look a little stuffed. 55mm and almost filled up the frame??? Wow, I'm jealous. You almost could have fed that elk some grass!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom