Emmas Wedding photos

Marissa.k1995

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As some of you may know, me, my sister, and are mom were the phtographers at our aunts wedding. Since we were all beginners I was scared we were going to mess up. Me and my sister didin't have DSLRS, but are mom had one. She just didn't know how to use it that well. We told my aunt that the photos would not come out that great but she insisted. Here are some of the photos I got. Luckily she seem very pleased with them. I have more photos but these were some of the better ones. sorry that you have to click them

emmas wedding rissa 024 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 035 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 038 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 041 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 046 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 049 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 037 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 073 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

emmas wedding rissa 075 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I would say that given the equipment and level of experience, the end product is pretty darn good. A quick look seems to indicate that most of the exposures are pretty good with minimal blown highlights, and that the focus is on. The only two minor niggles (both of which are easily fixed) are that some of the horizons are a bit off level and the subjects are rather centered.

Good job!

Decent for a beginner for sure. However, some of the shots seem to have very flat lighting and lack that "pop". The poses are generally good, but some of them, like 49, probably could be deleted. The groom is already short. No need to make him look like a dwarf.

I agree with all three above.

Nice, job (given your experience, camera equipment, nerves)!
Please post pictures instead of lnks
Lighting is a little flat in several of them.
Some subtle editing might help.

Number 49 looks like a promotion shot for a panto. (He's behind you!)
Number 75 is excellent for composition, but needed some light coming from her left to light the face just to balance it out. One of my favourites.

Overall, you should be very proud of those. :thumbup:

Thanks, the maid of honor actually chose the poses. I would have done a few things different but she was rushing everyone. In the picture number 49, the groom was fooling around and he wanted a picture of it. He liked it alot lol. Number 75 is my favorite as well, I can try to lighten her face a little in photoshop.

hah marissa, GJ! I was expecting for the worse because I followed your other thread. These came out a lot better than the engagement photos LOL. I hope you took pictures of the reflection of the pond as well (with them in it).

I was expecting the worse as well, I couldn't get the reflection because they were to far from the water and no one was listening to me. Everyone wanted to go and we left after like 15 minutes.

#49 is just strange. The others seem decent, a little shorter DOF would allow the subject to pop a little more.

p!nK

Great job under pressure. You'll be a pro at 16:lol:
I'm glad it went well. Keep at it. Keep posting.

Most reactions

Back