emotive

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Not sure how true it is. He couldn't slow down at all? He had time to ask for a hug and somehow she took off the helmet and put it on her? Still, it's an effective message.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be awfully hard to talk to each other at 100mph. He also could've downshifted and slowed down easily without brakes - I rarely use the brakes on my bike unless I'm actually stopping.

I'll just pretend I didn't notice the flaws in the story, and just think about the message. Obviously, it isn't true... but that doesn't matter, the message is there anyway.

The way I see it is, if you would put another person's life before your own, a person that means the world to you in other words, you've found love or at least you're on the right track.

Would I do that for *someone*? Hell yes I would.

[JR];1107817 said:
I'll just pretend I didn't notice the flaws in the story, and just think about the message. Obviously, it isn't true... but that doesn't matter, the message is there anyway.

The way I see it is, if you would put another person's life, a person that means the world to you in other words, you've found love or at least you're on the right track.

Would I do that for *someone*? Hell yes I would.

That was my take as well, though I felt that they would have gotten the message across better if they had ironed out the major wrinkles and made it more believable.

Someone actually made one of those "forward this or you will have the worst love life for the next 20 years" into a video?

Well, it plays for us romantics. :)

I couldn't get past all the spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.

That, and I'd keep my helmet! It's every man for himself! :lol:

If he loved her that much in the first place he would have given her her own helmet to wear before they got on the bike.

Things like that piss me off so much. There are plenty of TRUE stories that put made up crap like that to shame.

True love isn't having a conversation at 100 mph with someone you're about to have crash with you on the back of a bike with broken breaks scaring the poor girl half to death coz she thinks your a dick for speeding - true love is saying listen, my breaks are ****ed, we're going to crash, telling her you love her so that she knows what she meant to you and giving her the helmet BEFORE even letting her ride pillion - the most dangerous place to be anyways during a crash.

True love is making sure the bills get paid, looking after eachother when you're sick or miserable, being there for one another, looking out for one another and realising that to be together you just need to work hard at showing the other person you give a toss.

Sigh.

If he loved her that much in the first place he would have given her her own helmet to wear before they got on the bike.

Things like that piss me off so much. There are plenty of TRUE stories that put made up crap like that to shame.

True love isn't having a conversation at 100 mph with someone you're about to have crash with you on the back of a bike with broken breaks scaring the poor girl half to death coz she thinks your a dick for speeding - true love is saying listen, my breaks are ****ed, we're going to crash, telling her you love her so that she knows what she meant to you and giving her the helmet BEFORE even letting her ride pillion - the most dangerous place to be anyways during a crash.

True love is making sure the bills get paid, looking after eachother when you're sick or miserable, being there for one another, looking out for one another and realising that to be together you just need to work hard at showing the other person you give a toss.

Sigh.
That's my take on it, too. Minus the bills part, I didn't get there, yet. ;) I guess I've just been a shoulder to cry on, but hey, at least I did that right.

OH! One other thing I forgot: I suspect that if you hit a building at 100 MPH it's not gonna matter if you're wearing a helmet or not. I suspect that they'd be hosing your exploded body off the side of the building with a pressure washer.

Sorry, Ferny. I must be in a crappy mood tonite.

OH! One other thing I forgot: I suspect that if you hit a building at 100 MPH it's not gonna matter if you're wearing a helmet or not. I suspect that they'd be hosing your exploded body off the side of the building with a pressure washer.

Sorry, Ferny. I must be in a crappy mood tonite.

Yup, exactly

Along with what Lisa said about her having a helmit to beginwith.

JDS covered no brakes stopping/slowing.

what else...I got to watch it again, I saw nearly a dozen

Even if he couldn't down-shift for some reason LET OFF THE GAS maybe the first thing I'd do if I figured out my brakes were out...

lols deserted roads dont usually have too much to hit on them... =/ and if it is a city you dont have that long to talk before you hit a corner when going a ton...

sorry the xs in the title thing just annoy me..

if he threw her under the wheel it would have slowed him down.

Most reactions

Back