nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just another landscape shot I did on top of Mount Washington. This time I used my 70-200 to compress the background to pull the distant mountains closer.

It's simple and I like it. For me it feels very calming.

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR
200mm, f/8, 1/400th, ISO 100

It's simple and I like it. For me it feels very calming.

It is, I almost fell asleep looking at it :biggrin: All kidding aside very nice!

I like it, seen a few shots like this on Instagram, I really like the layered feel. Did you use any dehaze in LR for this or is the haze natural?

I like it, seen a few shots like this on Instagram, I really like the layered feel. Did you use any dehaze in LR for this or is the haze natural?

It natural haze. But I did use some dehaze to bring back some of the details.

oooooohhhhh .... this is so soothing and very nice. The lone cloud is a very nice touch. I would take a little off the top as the top doesn't add anything to the photo and it would increase the emphasis of the ridges ... and maybe a touch of contrast to lightly punch up the edges.

I tried.

Erwin-170830-14351.jpg

Love that 2nd version. Very nicely captured.

I like the slight bump in contrast - it helps bring out that farthest line of mountains a bit more, adding to the sort of "infinity" feeling of this shot. I'm a little torn on the wanting a bit more sky, though, to give some breathing room to the mountains, so I'm not entirely in agreement with the suggestion of a crop. For me, the extra sky does serve a purpose, which is to emphasize the expanse.

Sorry, not trying to make you crazy thinking about crops :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back