Engagement C&C let me know what you think.

Brinr

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brinrphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This couple hired me for their wedding, here are some of the engagement shots let me know what you think. By the way it was a nightmare, cloudy all day, the wind was knocking down my light stands and my pocket wizards were not happy with me.... oh well check them out anyway.

5729313712_00b86f1363.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 060 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

5729313824_739d016b46.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 018 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

5728763981_8605475145.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 067 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

5728764191_c3dd7b55f3.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 031 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

5729314282_1f8de9073d.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 065 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

5729314396_6a47b0df9d.jpg
[/url] 5_07_11 Alex & Jesse Engagement small 011 by Brinr, on Flickr[/IMG]

This is crazy, I kind of know this girl, I went to school with her. The lighting looks great, good pictures.

These are a nice set; I'd suggest cropping #1 on the LH side to off-set the subjects from the centre a little bit. When shooting people with large hats I find that a reflector on the ground or just below the camera view and placed so that it's right under his face to reduce the hat shadow slightly.

#4 is my favorite from this set which is pretty darn good overall. I have a hard time with slanted shots but in #2 I at least understand the 'stacking' of the subjects. The angle on #3 makes the subject somewhat obsure and difficult for me to see without tilting my head.

quality is good but the poses are a bit cliche. but a lot of that depends on what they want. They do look happy thought which is very important.

I think cowboy is gonna be in for one he(( of a honeymoon.

i like the first and last ones the most. number two's angle im not crazy about at all. Great lighting though man! im sure they will like these.

Thanks for the comments you guys!
I especially will take the posing comments and tilt comments into consideration.

Tirediron: Ya it's funny I bought a reflector for this shoot and the thing didn't show up until the day after the shoot :grumpy:.

Kayliana: Where are you from? Are you a Nevada native?

I'm from Overton/Logandale. Small town outside of Las Vegas. That's why it's so crazy I seen someone I know on here, afterall, we only have one highschool! haha. Great pictures though

Can you elaborate about how the pocketwizards weren't in a good mood?

Ya I have heard that the new canon flex miniTT1 doesn't work very well with the older version PlusII, especially with the 580exii. What I have heard is to just stick with the older versions all the way. On that day the flash would fire like maybe 4 or 5 times and then I would have to reset the mini and change channels and then it would work for 4 or 5 flashes and I would have to reset, not good for my professional appearance. Anyone else have this problem?

I would just stick with plus II's, they are IMO the best wireless triggers at a very affordable price. Been using them for years and never once had a problem with miss fires or no fires (that is unless you count the times it takes me five minutes to realize the batteries are dead :lol:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back