Engagement session :/ UGH !

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK , must start by saying that I really don't like or do this style of shooting .

This couple are dear friends , they like my work and asked me to shoot their engagement , and of course I said yes . Now they did have a budget and this was a paid job , friends or not .

Hardest part I found about this is the posing . I'm used to shooting pro models who just start an go , go , go .

Found myself having to "teach" them how to pose . Luckily after a while they became comfortable and did their thing and I just shot .

I've sent her all edited shots , about 45-50 , but she keeps asking for more . Nipped that by saying I disqualify all weird , dorky shots . i.e eyes closed at wrong time , missed focused , hair being swept by wind, in a bad way ! LOL .

So these are a few , I did get paid , I tried my best , I am satisfied and she is as well .

Im sure E.Rose will find my magenta way to high ! HAHAH (easy just joshing , but really i have no idea what magenta even looks like ) .

One thing I have learned is stop nit picking , If your eye sees it ( and you have a good eye ) and you capture that second in time , try not to kill it by over technifying ( not a word ! ) it . Yea an adjusment here and there but man step back and like your own work . Its yours , you own it !

Oh , one more thing , kudos to you guys and gals who do this and weddings , this hard , demanding and exacting . !!!

Alex&Marrisa by mannyher1, on Flickr

Alex&Mar1 by mannyher1, on Flickr

Alex&Marrisa (551 of 621)-Edit-Edit-Edit by mannyher1, on Flickr

Alex&Mar4 by mannyher1, on Flickr

Alex&Marrisa (350 of 621)-Edit-2 by mannyher1, on Flickr

It's tough but that's why I love doing it. :)

Vtec44 , Must admit there is a certain sense of satifaction after all is said and done , but man like I said kudos , good on ya !

good set. love #2.

Ohhh love #2 ...no no #3 ....no no no #4 :p yup unless they are natural at modeling it can be a tad taxing on the brain lol Still I prefer my weddings and Engagements over baby sessions lol

OK , must start by saying that I really don't like or do this style of shooting .

This couple are dear friends , they like my work and asked me to shoot their engagement , and of course I said yes . Now they did have a budget and this was a paid job , friends or not .

Hardest part I found about this is the posing . I'm used to shooting pro models who just start an go , go , go .

Found myself having to "teach" them how to pose . Luckily after a while they became comfortable and did their thing and I just shot .

I've sent her all edited shots , about 45-50 , but she keeps asking for more . Nipped that by saying I disqualify all weird , dorky shots . i.e eyes closed at wrong time , missed focused , hair being swept by wind, in a bad way ! LOL .

So these are a few , I did get paid , I tried my best , I am satisfied and she is as well .

Im sure E.Rose will find my magenta way to high ! HAHAH (easy just joshing , but really i have no idea what magenta even looks like ) .

One thing I have learned is stop nit picking , If your eye sees it ( and you have a good eye ) and you capture that second in time , try not to kill it by over technifying ( not a word ! ) it . Yea an adjusment here and there but man step back and like your own work . Its yours , you own it !

Oh , one more thing , kudos to you guys and gals who do this and weddings , this hard , demanding and exacting . !!!

I'm with Vtec on this one. As someone who is just getting into it, I'm loving engagements for 2 reasons. 1) I think it's great to be witness to such a happy time in people's lives, and 2) it's damn difficult, and that's nice now and then.

As for the shots, I think they're good. Certainly better than...80% of what's out there. Personally, I prefer more candid shots, less "hey, look at the camera", but that is just my way of going about things. As for people asking for more photos, man do I feel you. I'm surprised you handed over 50, I normally hand over 10. The most has ever been 24. I just have no interest in editing or shooting more than that. I also think it brings down the per-photo value a bit.

Good on you for giving it a go, and doing well!

I think these are pretty nice and the couple should be pleased.

Did I get that you don't want any comments that could be construed as nit-picking?

I think these are pretty nice and the couple should be pleased.

Did I get that you don't want any comments that could be construed as nit-picking?
Haha!! No, there's always room for that!!!!! I meant it as the photographer, I. E. Me, am finding myself getting almost so critical of my own work that I feel like I'm beginning to cripple anything I do. Need to take a deep breath step back and away. Lol.

I'm with Vtec on this one. As someone who is just getting into it, I'm loving engagements for 2 reasons. 1) I think it's great to be witness to such a happy time in people's lives, and 2) it's damn difficult, and that's nice now and then.

As for the shots, I think they're good. Certainly better than...80% of what's out there. Personally, I prefer more candid shots, less "hey, look at the camera", but that is just my way of going about things. As for people asking for more photos, man do I feel you. I'm surprised you handed over 50, I normally hand over 10. The most has ever been 24. I just have no interest in editing or shooting more than that. I also think it brings down the per-photo value a bit.

Good on you for giving it a go, and doing well!
Austin,

Thanks, yes I do see how it is quite rewarding, but like I said, my hats off to you folks! Thanks again.

Ohhh love #2 ...no no #3 ....no no no #4 [emoji14] yup unless they are natural at modeling it can be a tad taxing on the brain lol Still I prefer my weddings and Engagements over baby sessions lol

Rwsphotos, thanks! Oh and guess what I'm shooting later this week.... You guessed it a one year old lolol. Like I said the did loosen up as week got going that helped things along.

Although I think these are great, I do think the first and the last are overexposed.
I think the first has a real green tint and is too cold.
In both she looks almost bleached out white

16557144993_ef479ca617_cllll.jpg
17151391086_12e668fc60_clllll.jpg

Although I think these are great, I do think the first and the last are overexposed.
I think the first has a real green tint and is too cold.
In both she looks almost bleached out white

View attachment 99356 View attachment 99357

You look pretty spot on with those edits Lew thanks . I recently purchased the Nik collection , actually the last couple jobs I've had I have run it through Nik software and I think I'm falling a bit short .

The joke with E.rose regarding magenta was also a cause of my unfamiliarity with the software . I'll just have to keep trying . Thanks again !

Most reactions

Back