Engagement Session (CC Welcomed)

Don't get Portrait Professional.

Get Portraiture by Imagenomic.

And then after you apply the portraiture settings, mask it out 100% with a black mask, and then lightly paint in the mask with white where needed, on a lower opacity and a lower flow.

Portraiture, in my opinion does a way better job than Portrait Professional, but that being said, no matter what plugin you use, you never really want to let it just apply itself to the image globally, 100%. That will still result in unnatural looking images. Hence, the mask.

Or. You know. If you don't wanna do a shortcut, you can just skin smooth straight in PS, but not the way you did it here, because it doesn't look natural.

To me it looks like you just tried to blur a layer and the lower the opacity, but that's not going to give you good results.

I was using LR and then using Perfect Portrait from OnOne. I think it added a softening on top of the LR skin softening that I did. I'll go back to the raw image and start over. Thanks everyone. I'll post more once I get the processing down and more natural looking. I learned that you need to ask your clients not to wear sunglasses to the session. She had some really noticeable red marks when we started.

I use portraiture. You don't have to go crazy with it. This shot was run through it, and there's still plenty of detail in my skin: https://www.flickr.com/photos/80607199@N08/13523284124/sizes/o/

As for not adjusting the lighting, background, etc.; isn't that the point?

I will deblemish in LR, and run it through portraiture last to even the skin out.

Also theirs plenty of safe pirated versions of all most all photo editing software you just need to know what to look for.

But who ever said portrait professional over exposes. Not sure how that's possible you set the exposure level. But most of my work is in photoshop.

In the end. What looks good to you will look that crap to someone else. And vice versa. You will never take a photo and have every single person that looks at it absolutely love it. Very rare does it happen.

That's why we all have our own styles. Nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back