Engagement shoot

gwyso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whats going on everyone. looking for some C&C just starting to get into the whole area of wedding and engagement photography and wouldn't mind some Critique.
Shot with nikon D7100 35mm f1.8
DSC_8276.jpg
DSC_8327.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_8121.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 118
  • DSC_8084-2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
also if someone could be kind enough to let me know why the last didnt show up? Im guessing file size has something to do with it.

I'm seeing two images; how many did you post?

C&C per req:
1. A nice concept, but I think the sun would have been better placed just above their heads. this makes them look like they're engaging in a Vulcan Mind-meld gone horribly wrong. I think just above their heads, shining down would have worked better. As well, watch the details; would it really have been too much effort to move the garbage bag, and the fellow has soemthing growing out of his back. I think too, a tighter framing might not have gone amiss.

2. This should definitely have been shot in portrait aspect IMO. You've got a lot of wasted space behind her and a cropped elbow. Additionally, while the railing behind her is perfectly level, the horizon is wayyy off. In case like this, you need to middle them, or level so that it looks right.

I think #1 is interesting almost like their two soles are being fused together, a little corny I know but that's what came to mind.

#1 has way too much foreground. looking at the image, you have to scroll up to see the subject.
I would try cropping that one to the brick support to his immediate right and see how much comes off the bottom.

#2 is a bit underexposed. needed fill flash. I would crop this one "portrait" as well.
also agree on straightening the horizon so the water is not tilted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back