What's new

Entangled

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A winter storm left me stranded at home this weekend, so here goes an image from last weekend's rural exploration of southeastern Manitoba.

p1243519012-4.jpg



New edit, with some more contrast added:

p1260157584-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
I like the framing with the trees but I would like to see some more contrast in the image. Or maybe a little more white, it looks gray to me as opposed to black and white, if that makes sense.
 
I really like this shoot! Framing with the tree is awesome. Can't C&C on black and white.
 
Very nice composition, and good framing work.
 
I like the framing with the trees but I would like to see some more contrast in the image. Or maybe a little more white, it looks gray to me as opposed to black and white, if that makes sense.
It does make sense, thanks much for the feedback. I've now added a new edit to the original post above. The result is a slight change in the mood that the image conveys, of course. I think I like the revised version better.

Thank you all for your comments!
 
I like the revised version better also.
 
I don't think more contrast was needed as much as a slightly higher black point, a bit more definition and some mid contrast. While the edited version is an improvement, I think you lost some interesting detail in the face of the barn.
 
From where I'm standing, I don't think an edit was necessary. Nice find. :thumbup:
 
Nice shot. I like the second one best.
 
I don't think more contrast was needed as much as a slightly higher black point, a bit more definition and some mid contrast. While the edited version is an improvement, I think you lost some interesting detail in the face of the barn.
Mine was a quick edit to add contrast. I probably should've taken my time to add the contrast locally instead of effecting the whole frame. I might just do that still. Also, while I can see the loss of detail in the face of the barn here, all the detail is still there when I look at the TIFF in Photoshop so this should print very well.

Thank you all!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom