Entering my first competition....input needed please!

cakeordeath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm entering my first competition next week and these are the photos I'm considering entering....I've never done this so I am very nervous about putting myself out there....that being said, feel free to be as critical as you want...I would much rather hear it now than after I go through the trouble of sending these in. Thanks for any input you can provide!!!!!

Valerie

P.S. This is also my first time posting....if loading the images doesn't work the link is: For Competition pictures by cakeordeath777 - Photobucket

Very cute and nice shots but the composition needs work. Almost all of them have the subject dead center. There is a lot of room for cropping in most of them though so you can fix them to fit the 'rule of thirds' idea. THe focus is off in the first grasshopper pic but the butterfly pictures look better. The tree and vine just doesn't do anything for me.

Cropping is a great idea...any thoughts on the exposure, sharpness etc? The grasshopper and the vine are my least favorite, so I'm glad to have the confirmation that those two are a no-go...I'm most worried about the pics not coming across clear enough...they look good to me, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at it the way a professional would!

I posted some tweaks to the pics I liked the most, y'all let me know what you think!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back