Episode III: Who's seeing it at midnight?

terri said:
So you're operating on about 3 hours' sleep? Oh, how I pity anyone who calls for tech support today.... :twisted:

I thought you quit! :(

And, without giving anything away, was the movie any good?
I did... until Joshua Tree. I was a bad influence on myself.

Ep III kicked the **** out of the first 2. The acting is still pretty awful *cough*hayden christensen*cough*... though that has more to do with the fact that Lucas is a horrible director. Most of the story for the prequels was done in this movie. Lucas said 60% of the story was in this episode while the other 40 was split between the 2. MUCH more action than the first 2.

Bummer, you were doing so well. :whip: On the quitting, I mean.

mmm, well this actually sounds like one I'll make an effort to see. The last 2 have been so abysmally bad it's hard to get pumped up, even for the grand finale. :lol:

voodoocat said:
The acting is still pretty awful *cough*hayden christensen*cough*... though that has more to do with the fact that Lucas is a horrible director

:lol: that's so true. I haven't seen the new one but who ever casted that dork really should be smacked around.

Sort of off topic...I though that Lucas kind of had the whole story in mind when he made the original movies back in the day. I keep thinking about the time when two storm troopers had their helmets off and they were just ordinary guys (with 70s hair)...there was no clue that they were clones. The title of one of the new movies is "Attack of the clones"...you would think that such an important plot twist should have been at least on his mind when making the first movies.

I went last night with my boyfriend and a few of our friends...we got there about 5 minutes before them and got decent seats (viewing wise, not big smelly guy next to me wise...ug). Our friends all had to sit clear up in the very first row! The movie was pretty awesome, but the fact that the entire theater was filled with 15 year old teeny-boppers that wouldn't shut up, didn't make me happy. I get nervous and edgy in crowds as it is, and when it's a bunch of bouncy, immature kids (I think all the mature ones were sitting on the other side of the theater, and the immature ones sat in a circle around us)...it just didn't make me a happy movie-goer.

Oh, and I forgot to mention,there were three girls about 4 rows ahead of us completely dressed up in star wars costumes...face make-up and all. It was hilarious.

Hehe. I worked last night, and we got caught in some pretty bad storms. Lots of lightning, hail and very heavy rain.

Anyway - I was working - and at about 6.45PM our shopping centre was evacuated as the bottom floor had flooded. Anyway - all the people watching star wars only got to see half!!! hehehehe. On the bright side - I got to come home 2 hours early - and they are still gonna pay us!

voodoocat said:
The acting is still pretty awful *cough*hayden christensen*cough*... though that has more to do with the fact that Lucas is a horrible director.

I kind of thought Ewan McGregor did a pretty good job though.

SPOILER WARNING!!

OKay I found the star wars thread. i knew it had to be here someplace...Yep we went to the midnight showing...what a blast. Dudes were busting lightsabers in front of everyone. folks were all dressed up...Robin said we were getting our "geek on". And yes we were all geeking off. I have to admit I liked it alot. Yes hayden went to the same school of wooden actors as Keanu did but still it ties the two trilogies together pretty well. Though I did think that lucas turned padame into a crying worthless ninny. She was so bad azz in the first two, a very strong female role, but the third she is such a wimp and lets go EVEN when she has two kids coming into the world...WHAT RESPECTABLE PERSON WOULD DO THAT!?! The fight scene between Obie and anakin was super cool and I have to admit during the first 10 minutes i think my breath was taken away about 4 times. I just hope it is being shown in a nearby IMAX soon.

BTW There are bootlegs on ebay for the last week...man those guys are either really brave or really stoopid.

I saw it last night at home on my TV

I think it was pretty good, the best of the three for sure. I just wish that the directing was a little better. It seems that they care a lot more about the special effects than the actual acting and how the lines are presented. There were a few times that a line/face/voice was just so wrong that it pulled my attention out of the movie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back