Equipments for new beginners

Alex&Amy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anyone can suggest me some equipment for photography? Thanks in advance.

May need a tad more information.

What types of photos are you interested in taking?

Budget?

Is size and weight an important factor for you?

Last edited:

Budget?

Is size and weight an important factor for you?

Yes, you'll need to answer these questions to get any useful information.

You should look into the new Sony A7R IV, or maybe Fujifilm GFX 100...or a new smartphone.

However, my top recommendation would be to start out with a NiSi 100 mm Advanced II kit, and built your system around that!

To get a meaningful answer, you might want to provide the type of photography you are interested in, your budget, and if you are thinking of casual photography or becoming an enthusiast.

Without more information, my best advice is to go to a local camera shop and find someone who is knowledgeable to talk it through. Weigh all your options from point and shoot, to bridge cameras, to dslrs / mirrorless. All the major manufacturers make great equipment, so don't let anyone tell you one brand is better than another. Each brand has advantages and disadvantages, which is where your personal preferences come in. If you don't have a local camera shop, find a local photography club. You'll find friendly folks willing to help. Finally, look at photography classes at a local community college to get you started down the right path. There are even photography classes for smartphone cameras.

Budget?

Are size and weight an important factor for you?

Some kind of natural landscape and the budget is also the factor because I don't have much money to start , about 1000 USD budget.

To get a meaningful answer, you might want to provide the type of photography you are interested in, your budget, and if you are thinking of casual photography or becoming an enthusiast.

Without more information, my best advice is to go to a local camera shop and find someone who is knowledgeable to talk it through. Weigh all your options from point and shoot, to bridge cameras, to dslrs / mirrorless. All the major manufacturers make great equipment, so don't let anyone tell you one brand is better than another. Each brand has advantages and disadvantages, which is where your personal preferences come in. If you don't have a local camera shop, find a local photography club. You'll find friendly folks willing to help. Finally, look at photography classes at a local community college to get you started down the right path. There are even photography classes for smartphone cameras.

Thanks for your advice, I will try this weekend

Budget?

Are size and weight an important factor for you?

Some kind of natural landscape and the budget is also the factor because I don't have much money to start , about 1000 USD budget.
$1000 US will start you off very well indeed!

Either new or used, I personally would advise used.

Try various sellers including B&H, KEH, MBP, Adorama, etc.
Kits are available, as are individual components.

The key is to find cameras that have the most punch for the money, but is something that will be easy for you to swallow.

Any Canon or Nikon system, and even the Sony systems are worth it.
Mirrorless is cheap enough now and with that you can go in many directions.

If you are a careful shopper, and are not afraid of buying good, used equipment, you can get quite a good start for $1000. Camera; about the mid-grade "pro-sumer" level. Lenses; one wide angle (20mm), one mid-length (60mm) and one longer lens (200mm). A fairly decent tripod and a speedlight. That kit will get you started off on the right foot. If the individual items run the total cost up too far, then just get one zoom lens instead of three primes.

Camera body; around $300-$400 (used)
Zoom lens; $300 (used)
Tripod; $100 (used)
Speedlight; $100 (new or used)
Memory cards; $50 for two. (new) (you'll want more eventually)
Light stand and white umbrella; $50 (new)

Of course, any specific deal should be evaluated as to price and value. Post again with links to specific deals.

Good luck!

Last edited:
A used Nikon D800 or D610 and a used Nikkor 70-300 fx vr or if looking for a wide lens, a used nikkor 18-35 fx . Some of the best landscape images I have seen are from that 70-300 vr. If you decide on the 70-300, be careful there are a few different ones, make sure its the fx vr version around $300 used.

If you are a careful shopper, and are not afraid of buying good, used equipment, you can get quite a good start for $1000. Camera; about the mid-grade "pro-sumer" level. Lenses; one wide angle (20mm), one mid-length (60mm) and one longer lens (200mm). A fairly decent tripod and a speedlight. That kit will get you started off on the right foot. If the individual items run the total cost up too far, then just get one zoom lens instead of three primes.

Zoom lens; $300 (used)
Tripod; $100 (used)

Of course, any specific deal should be evaluated as to price and value. Post again with links to specific deals.

Good luck!

Zoom lens; $300 (used)
Tripod; $100 (used)

Good luck!

A used Nikon D800 or D610 and a used Nikkor 70-300 fx vr or if looking for a wide lens, a used nikkor 18-35 fx . Some of the best landscape images I have seen are from that 70-300 vr. If you decide on the 70-300, be careful there are a few different ones, make sure its the fx vr version around $300 used.

Thank you so much.

In post 11 designer gave quite a list and very good advice. The only thing I would add is at least one spare battery for the camera.
If you an average person you will prob spend ages playing/learning the camera when you first get it Getting to know the camera and where everything is, if later on you get body armour for your camera or do night shoots you will notice the advantage of not having to look at the camera to do things

Most reactions

New Topics

Back