Ettiquette with Models.

Theres already a few good ones that people said on this thread already.
Treat them like they're a house guest even if its your friend whos a house guest. Pretty basic. I would most likely talk to the models before the shoot like where its going to be shot, if they need to bring anything like make up or clothes to change into. I know sometimes you may not know anybody who does make-up or hair or can't afford to hire anyone, so ask them to do theirs nicely or ask them to bring someone who could. I would bring a brush, it would come in hand if their hair needs to fixed, especially if the shoot is out doors. Make sure they are comfortable as possible. Bring drinks, water is fine, and snacks like homemade cookies. You may ask if they prefer something else like donuts. If the shoot is long, take breaks. If you need to fix something like their hair or hands, ask before touching them. People like myself don't like to be touched without being asked especially if its from someone they don't know. In an indoor setting, play some music it can be to their taste or you guys can compromise with it. (talk before hand about it) Playing music helps them be more comfortable while doing the shoot and helps pass the time also. If you are using studio lights, make sure the model is doing alright with the brightness of the lights and the temperature, due to the lights making the surrounding warmer than the normal room temperature. Don't be afraid to use gestures/movements to show how you want them to pose or to point where to move their faces etc. (sorry no middle fingers)

Most reactions

Back