Ettiquette with Models.

Take off your clothes too so she feels comfortable taking off her clothes. She would not be the only one.

That implies that I would be wearing clothes - I only wear a mesh posing pouch on cold days, the rest of the time I'm swinging free:)

Take off your clothes too so she feels comfortable taking off her clothes. She would not be the only one.

That implies that I would be wearing clothes - I only wear a mesh posing pouch on cold days, the rest of the time I'm swinging free:)

8 posts in.. wow guy. lol he will fit right in.

Be professional and mature. Know what you plan to do and explain it to the model, tell her how you're going to achieve the result, and consult with her as the shoot progresses. I usually show them one or two images from each posing set, and if something isn't working, I'll pull the shot up on a monitor and explain what I want that is different than the shot. Be clear; breasts are breasts, not boobs, tits, etc. If you need to touch the model, then ask her first, "You're hair isn't quite right, do you mind if I just straighten it?" It's as simple as that.

I allow (encourage) chaperones when I'm doing one on one shoots, because if nothing else it gives me a free VAL*. When working with minors, a parent MUST be present - if Mom or Dad wants to just drop junior off then I tell them that the shoot's off.

*Voice Activated Lightstand

Etiquette with models? Well, pretty common sense stuff really. Always, always extend the pinky finger when holding any drinking vessel in the presence of a model--cup, bottle, glass, goblet. When eating with a model, always place your napkin on your lap at the start of the meal. When using the napkin in the presence of a model, gently blot at the corners of your mouth. Blot--never rub! After belches in front of a model, always say, "Oh, my, excuse me!" After sharing a meal with a model, always offer her ample, "Bathroom time," so that she can help keep that meal from being digested. Again, pretty simple stuff...

I've done a lot of research on this topic. There's many movies on the web covering how to do a photo shoot.

The commonly accepted approach is that you need to get everything right. You will only get to take 2 or 3 photos. Then suddenly everyone takes off their cloths for no reason.

This thread was really helpful... :lol:

Robin has lots of good experience so you can trust his advice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back