Evening Draws In On Mill

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
More Industrial shots. I tried sharpening after resizing, may have overdone it :oops:

millEarly.jpg

MillMiddle.jpg

MillEnd.jpg

PrimaryCanary said:
The water? in the first one looks amazing. I'm guessing these were taken during the day since the sky is white. They don't appear over-sharpened to me. Great shots.

Thanks :) The waves were about 1ft high, but my exposures ranged from 2-10 secounds which ended up giving the water an unusual look.

Cruzin said:
I tried sharpening after resizing, may have overdone it
Not really. I'm telling myself that my glasses are just working really well right now :wink: I really like the time exposure action. Or Ummm......maybe...no.....oh well.............Funny how action is emphasized in photography with the 'lack there of' on our part huh? :p

Well done.........

Maybe just a teensy bit over sharpened, but if you hadn't mentioned it I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Super water in the first two shots, looks almost fog-like. Well done pics!

**edit to correct non-speeling keyboard**

My favorite is the second one. Love the soft water and the smoke billowing up from the long exposure. Like the composition too. And nice colors. But the sky looks unreal on my screen, and the white highlight in the rocks is distracting. Still, it's a keeper!

Thanks for your replies :D

Damn near broke my leg on that shooting. Could not trespass on mill property, so I had to take the long way around through ditches, thickets, long grass and those damn rocks that blend into the ground!

Note to myself and others: Always pack a Flashlight. :roll:

:) a flashlight does help.

I like the first one with the contrast between the warm and cool tones.

=)
Jade

Very nice! Excellent control of exposure and composition. No oversharpening too me! Thanks for risking life and limb to bring these fine images our way. :cheer:

Amazing everything!!! I suggest asking permission to shoot on the grounds. If not just jump the fence. Yeah right. I have been to plenty of factories that are fully against people taking photos. I also say there is a lot to be said about sneaking on the grounds.

craig said:
Amazing everything!!! I suggest asking permission to shoot on the grounds. If not just jump the fence. Yeah right. I have been to plenty of factories that are fully against people taking photos. I also say there is a lot to be said about sneaking on the grounds.

All plants these days will not even allow a camera on the property even if you are there on business, corporations are so frightened of litigation. I think the only way these days to get permission is to put it through the board and even then.......

Sure am happy the pictures are appreciated, thanks again :)

Had the cops called on me just standing outside a fence on a road.

For sharpening I always use the following settings with unsharp mask after resizing to average web-sized (640ish).

photoshop settings

Amount : 125%
Radius : .60
Threshold : 4

or for paint shop pro

Radius : .60
Strength : 125%
Clipping : 4

I love the results it gives.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back