Ever get a dslr repaired...

slackercruster

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ever get a dslr repaired...how did it turn out?

Were they able to fix it perfectly?

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerdrummphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had a 5Dmk1 sent in for service when it stopped recognizing my card. They were prompt about getting it fixed and it cost me about ~150 bucks when they initially quoted me at 200. This was through Canon, experience will vary with manufacturer I expect.

TheBiles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos OK to edit
Dropped my brand new 7D in October, which led to constant "Err 20"s that prevented it from even starting up. Sent it in to Canon, and I had it back in something like 5 business days. Free of charge too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
An errant soccer ball ripped a 500 mm lens off of a Nikon D90. The lens mount screws were stripped right out of the camera body. The camera and lens were on a monpod and the monopod was ripped out of my hands. The D90 landed on the rear LCD and it broke too. The lens, a Sigma, was fine.

Nikon USA Service repaired it all, good as new. We had to wait on parts, so I was without that camera for 6 weeks but I had 3 others so it wasn't much of a hardship. Of course it wasn't a warranty repair so it cost me something like $275 (2008).

digital flower

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
yeah I had to get a new shutter for my D70. It went over a period of time. The repair was done fast and the camera is going strong a few years later. Reasonably priced.

Most reactions