ever have this happen to you?

Elliehanna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am pretty pissed, I send a messaged to the seller and I am hoping she will be able to refund me my money and I give her her lens back...I was buying a 70-300 mm Canon lens (yea I am poor) for $200 (the seller posted it on a FB group I am part of that isn't photography related, I was really being nice because she fell on hard times and such you know) WELL...the lens I received was a 75-300mm which isn't worth what I paid at all. I did pay with paypal so I know I should be able to get the money rather easy but I am just pissed and wondered if anyone has ever had that happen to them

Feel for you, I know that ebay has a lot of rules and regs about accurate posting details. How did you purchase, you used PayPal but did you see any image first or got anything saved to prove she tried to sell wrong item?

A/PArsons

Contact the seller, tell her the problem, and if she isn't cooperative, contact Paypal to deal with it.

As for your actual question, no, this has never happened to me, and I buy a lot of stuff online, including on ebay.

Never to me either because I only buy used local or from a reputable source as there are too many stories like this one, or much much worse. That said, unless PayPal has changed their policy you are out of luck unless it was an EBay purchase. If you used a credit card you'd have some recourse. Check, it's worth a try.

Most reactions

Back