Evolution

bigalbest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few years ago I decided to start a business in the sand dunes of southern California selling pictures to the campers and drag racers. On big weekends there would be anywhere from 20-50k people in attendance and I would set up a booth in the vendor area and print pictures right out of my trailer. Business boomed at first and it was one of the best times of my life. I used a Canon 20D, 70-200 2.8 for most of the pictures and always on auto settings. Life was good for a couple years and some of my photos were featured in magazines and even some national advertising campaigns. It became obvious after a while though that I would also have to build a local business to supplement the dune income so I started doing weddings, portraits etc. And not long after that I realized that I was having trouble printing a lot of my work (off colors and heavy shadowing where I didn't want any). So I decided to drop everything to return to school (community college night courses that I'm still attending), and take a job at a studio to try to learn some of the things I was missing. And it wasn't just technical know how I needed but also the business of marketing and selling your work. I recently quit my job to return to the business world hopefully with a better understanding of what it takes, and I will be visiting the dunes for the first time in a long while this weekend to try to start taking the pictures that I have been envisioning for years. Please wish me luck on this never ending journey of self discovery, triumph and failure.

2586926899_c3f72339e9.jpg

2508492805_ca6786ef97.jpg

Most certainly wish you luck - not that I think you'll need luck 'cos it sounds like you have what it does take... Effort, thought, persistence, vision, determination and a creative eye.....

Oh and by the way those pics you posted are gorgeous!

Most certainly wish you luck - not that I think you'll need luck 'cos it sounds like you have what it does take... Effort, thought, persistence, vision, determination and a creative eye.....

Oh and by the way those pics you posted are gorgeous!

Thank you for the wonderful comment.

Alex

Most reactions

New Topics

Back