Experimenting with foliage

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I really was inspired awhile back by a foliage image from @Tuna, so credit to an excellent artist should be mentioned.

I have shot several different foliage over the last month and experimenting with the conversion's. It's been pretty educational and a different way at looking at composition, tones, and values. Very hard to visualize something in black & white and get it to do it in the digital camera at first. These were all shot with a point & shoot, Canon SX60HS. Anyway, here is some results for better or worse.

IMG_8201e.jpg

IMG_8203e.jpg

IMG_8291e.jpg

Nice set. I think 3 is my favorite but I like them all.

Great set, and the B&W really works. The first two are great, but there's something strangely disturbing, if you look at them to long, they start to move. LOL The last one is my favorite.

Do you have #1 in color?

Great set, and the B&W really works. The first two are great, but there's something strangely disturbing, if you look at them to long, they start to move. LOL The last one is my favorite.

Wow, those are really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

I really really like these images, the first has more subtle potential than you posted. On my monitor there are multiple shades/areas of dark & light. The bottom is darker than the upper left, the upper left is darker than the upper right. I think a uniform shade across the entire frame would improve this already very nice photo.

I like that you are seeing in B&W.

I really really like these images, the first has more subtle potential than you posted. On my monitor there are multiple shades/areas of dark & light. The bottom is darker than the upper left, the upper left is darker than the upper right. I think a uniform shade across the entire frame would improve this already very nice photo.

I like that you are seeing in B&W.
Thanks Gary, I will revisit and try to correct.

Too much in my face. There's something about those two that just make me feel a bit claustrophobic.

Most reactions

Back