experimenting with my new cam .. first victim!!!!

Heyas...

My two cents? THe last image was nice, if not a tad overexposed. The rest seemed a little to contrived for my tastes. As for lighting, I don't use studio setups in my work whatsoever (don't use a studio at all in fact) so I couldn't comment with any real conviction on the lighting other than I like it for the most part. A little over-exposed on the last one, and the images of the musician with a black shirt might've benefited from a smoother transition from his shirt to the back, drop. It looks like you tried to mesh his shirt into the background... yes?

Otherwise... good job!

for some of the shots .. i turn off the flash and used natural light (it was about 4pm)

Yes, I agree with cropping the bottom of the sax. Might have been better with the whole sax in. The last one I must tell you Dew is I think you used the wrong mm lens in this. If you notice that his nose really looks huge. This is called perspective distortion or "dog-nosing". You might try using a different lens. Also his fingers on his head is making his eyebrow look distorted as well. It's always best to put the fingers or hand behind the face more near the ear. Just a few tips.

Most reactions

Back