Explain this to me, so I can explain this to him.

Aliens from Zortan that are slightly out of phaze with visible light and can only be seen when you stop light altogether by taking a picture.

:biglaugh: I think this is the answer he *wants* me to give him. :lmao:

Is it possible it's dust on a UV filter?

I'm not a believer in UV filters so I don't use them. IDK if that's possible or not...

He doesn't use a UV filter. At least he's never had one on any time I've run into him there.

ANY chance it's mist? I get those when I go to Niagara Falls... but dust seems more logical.

Haha... unless there was a mist of booze that night at the bar... I doubt it. :biglaugh:

Thanks guys. That's what I was going to tell him (as far as them just being out of focus dust), but I just wanted to see if anyone had a more convincing argument than what I had, because if he comes back with a *third* photo... with *another* thought questioning the fact that it's dust... I might just have to fold and tell him it's ghosts and that the Hardware Bar is just haunted. :biglaugh:

But here's a question for you guys that I'm wondering:

If it's dust (vs. dirt *on* his lens), how is it that I've never caught that in any of my shots? I catch glare from the stage lights behind the guys sometimes, but it's obvious where that came from... is it because he's using on camera flash (b/c he uses a speedlight when he's there) and I don't at that venue? That seems to be logical enough to me... that his flash is lighting the dust directly in front of his lens, where as the light my camera is picking up is coming from the stage... but I don't actually know that to be true, haha.

If it's dust (vs. dirt *on* his lens), how is it that I've never caught that in any of my shots? I catch glare from the stage lights behind the guys sometimes, but it's obvious where that came from... is it because he's using on camera flash (b/c he uses a speedlight when he's there) and I don't at that venue? That seems to be logical enough to me... that his flash is lighting the dust directly in front of his lens, where as the light my camera is picking up is coming from the stage... but I don't actually know that to be true, haha.

Correctomundo

I think you need to CONVINCE him of this so you can watch him fall ass over teakettle down the rabbid hole of paranormal paranoia. A good way to start is to get him hooked on that fraud of a show "ghost hunters" that has my 8 year old completely snowed. Then watch him go out and buy tinfoil to line all of his baseball caps.

It's really really fun.

This is his response to my suggestion that it's just OOF dust:

"Yeabut... If they were in a line, as the light rack is, I could go for that.
They are too out of size and sequence."

I give up. :lol:

I think you need to CONVINCE him of this so you can watch him fall ass over teakettle down the rabbid hole of paranormal paranoia. A good way to start is to get him hooked on that fraud of a show "ghost hunters" that has my 8 year old completely snowed. Then watch him go out and buy tinfoil to line all of his baseball caps.

It's really really fun.

:biglaugh: I'm pretty sure that's my only option at this point.

Light reflecting off dust in the air, made circular in the same way the background/foreground lights are made circular in a shallow DOF photo.

I say we call Myth Buster! How hard is it to explain that dust in the air becomes source of light. It is not on the lens I guarantee. You will see light leak if light hits the lens.

How hard is it to explain that dust in the air becomes source of light.

Might be impossible depending in who you are explaining it to.

Remember, there's no cure for stupid, and this guy sounds guy sounds like he's beyond help.

Just tell him he's right, they are ghosts. Tell him it's a well known hot spot for paranormal activity as evidenced by the fact that the girl in the center of the second picture is pointing right at one. That should take care of it.

How hard is it to explain that dust in the air becomes source of light.

Might be impossible depending in who you are explaining it to.

Remember, there's no cure for stupid, and this guy sounds guy sounds like he's beyond help.

Yeah, I gave up trying. :lol:

Just tell him he's right, they are ghosts. Tell him it's a well known hot spot for paranormal activity as evidenced by the fact that the girl in the center of the second picture is pointing right at one. That should take care of it.

:biglaugh: I told him that the ghosts there must be wasted *all* the time. :lmao:

There's also a Ghostbuster in the pix. He's got a hard hat on.
GhostSmiley.gif

He's got a hard hat on.
GhostSmiley.gif

That's because he just got done being straddled in a barber's chair, mounted on the end of the bar, by a scantily clad bartender, who was pouring a shot straight into his mouth out of a bottle. He probably also has a sticker on his ass that says "I got screwed at the Hardware Bar". :biglaugh: ::rolls eyes:: That place is a clusterf**k, I'll tell ya. :lol:

Someone sneezed nearby. :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back