External storage device?

External drives typically don't power down when they're not used, also they have as you said inferior electronics and power supplies.

If my house should burn down, don't mention to me about a f**kin harddrive - Just don't!!
Anyway it's probably one of the few things that will survive, a little steel box inside a bigger steel box, I fancy it's chances more than most things.

You may not value your pictures, but some of us do. I have tens of thousands of images, many of which are taken all over the globe. It's not the $200 physical drive I care about, it is the images I have spent so much time, effort, money, blood and sweat getting that concern me.

Many people who read this forum take pictures for at least part of their living, and the loss of their photobank would be catastrophic to their income and reputation.

If your house burns to the ground, your hard drive has virtually no chance of surviving intact.

But since you asked, if your house is indeed entirely destroyed by fire, I promise not to inquire about your hard drive...

Most reactions

Back