tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi
I just bought 52mm lens coupling ring and I decided to try some extreme macro shoots.
I installed my 55-200mm vr on camera (zoomed it to 200mm) and I put my 50mm fully open (f/1.8) reversed.
It is pretty difficult to get sharp image, DOF is extremally narrow but take a look:

This is Nikon lens cap (52mm)
DSC_4533copy.jpg

And this is print - font no10
DSC_4558copy.jpg

I was quite impressed whan I saw it on computer
I need to try some dead bugs soon :D

WOW.
Tiny shooting. Looks fun.

Great close-ups, I cannot wait to pick up my new macro lens. Thanks for sharing.

That is really cool! I've never heard of hooking two lenses together like that before.

Very VERY cool. I am definitely going to give that a try. I need to get a reverser ring, I'd imagine that would work pretty well at the wide end of my 18-55, yes?

Very VERY cool. I am definitely going to give that a try. I need to get a reverser ring, I'd imagine that would work pretty well at the wide end of my 18-55, yes?

I'm not sure about your 18-55mm and reversing ring to be honest because I didn't try it with mine. Bus you should give it a go and see yourself.
Get 50mm f1.8 and coupling ring and screw it on top of yout 55-200mm. This will give you great effect.
Good luck

Helicon Focus might help with DoF. You basically take a series of pic moving the focus point from front to back, and the software merges them together.

Most reactions

Back