F*ing Auto Insurance!! Grr!

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sorry. I am so pissed right now.

Just got my statement for this month. My ****ing premium doubled.

You know why?

They say I didn't have prior coverage (I did, and I sent them the necessary proof). I've only had this policy for 3 months now, but this **** is making me want to dump them and go back to my old insurance.

What a headache!

I sent them a (somewhat nasty) e-mail. Hopefully they pick up the ball (that they dropped) and fix this. Man, I'm pissed. ****.

Yeah.

It's doubly pissing me off because I just got another e-mail today saying that I have to send in receipts for my medical insurance proving that my glasses are a covered expense.

I'm not too worried about that though - I have all the stuff I need sitting on my desk waiting to get stuffed into an envelope - it just annoys me that I have to do it.
It seems like this is the way things are going to be from now on. You have to prove everything, like you're in ****ing court or something.

From what I can tell, auto insurance is getting to be a pretty competitive field, if so, you should easily be able to find a better deal if you shop around.

When my auto insurance goes up drastically, I get some really sweet quotes from other companies...then call my agent and lo and behold, he races out for a face to face meetiing.

...and beats the other quotes.

I used to write insurance for a living. Always dicker. They have 15% commission to work with!

Good luck.

That or just leave the company and rejoin to get the new member perks - these days its all about getting new customers rather than taking care of the ones you've already got.

From what I can tell, auto insurance is getting to be a pretty competitive field, if so, you should easily be able to find a better deal if you shop around.

That's exactly what I thought I did by switching to these guys. I got the same coverage for a lot less money. Now, with the new premium, it's actually more expensive than what I had before.

It's much better to use an insurance agent than go directly through the company. A good agent will work with you and fight things like this for you and chances are you wouldn't even know something like this came up.

You've only been there a few months it's not like it would hurt you to go somewhere else.

An insurance agent or company's worst nightmare is an informed client.

Do some research, dig into it like you work on photography.

Our rates are going up because our state laws changed. You may consider that also.

In Canada the range can be over $1,000 between companies for the same coverage.

skieur

When my auto insurance goes up drastically, I get some really sweet quotes from other companies...then call my agent and lo and behold, he races out for a face to face meetiing.

...and beats the other quotes.

I used to write insurance for a living. Always dicker. They have 15% commission to work with!

Good luck.

You rock! :hug::

Well, they wrote back to me.

When I opened the policy, my proof of prior insurance didn't go back far enough (the policy did, I just didn't still have all of my old paperwork).

They told me that it was no big deal, they would just call my old insurance company to verify the effective dates of that policy.

I guess they never did. So, now, because my 'proof' is 2 months short, they doubled my rate. (Why they waited till the third month of the policy, I don't know.)

The old policy had been in effect for years... I just didn't keep all of the old documentation.

All it would have taken for them to prevent this would have been one phone call... Which they told me they were going to make, but never did.

I don't know... I wrote them back. We'll see what happens...

If they don't put my rate back where it was when I opened the policy, I will definitely be taking my money elsewhere.

Last edited:
I am with USAA-- LOVE them. If you are elgiable to use them.. call them.

The insure miltary people only. I am with them cause I was with them when I divorced my ex husband, a Marine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back