Faces in sports

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After editing images from Saturday night and seeing these faces and eyes, I think I will start a collection of them. Who knows maybe even publish a photobook of them.

In football, since the facemask covers most of the face, it is more about the eyes and the focus of the athlete.

Lincoln_UCO 0100.jpg

Lincoln_UCO 0448.jpg

That first one's a nice one!

If you're thinking about using/publishing images you might need to start getting releases signed. If you're taking photos for the team they most likely already have permissions signed that include publicity purposes. But that won't cover you otherwise using the photos.

If it's editorial use usually you won't need releases but with the subjects being underage it probably would be best to find out. There are resources on American Society of Media Photographers - Homepage and PPA. Or take a look at Sports Photography and Photojournalism for Professional Photographers| SportsShooter.com, although the site isn't as updated as it used to be.

Thanks Sharon for the information. Most likely if I do the book, it will be a coffee table book for me (a one off) and not one for sale. Either way both of the photos above are of adults so no worry about the age issue you mentioned.

Love the book of faces idea. Would you crop in more or leave them as is?

Love the book of faces idea. Would you crop in more or leave them as is?

Thanks. I would probably do a little of both. I can continue to shoot thinking that I could get some tight shots and some wide and some medium ones. So you have a great mixture of them.

Very good detail in those faces................

Thank you.

Thanks. I would probably do a little of both. I can continue to shoot thinking that I could get some tight shots and some wide and some medium ones. So you have a great mixture of them.

Covering all bases probably is smart. I like this idea also.

Great shots. They really do capture the energy and emotion very well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back