shuttercraft

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mwilbourn.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
superdooperdesilight.jpg

There is a concept, no doubt. But I'm afraid I don't get it.

Obviously the girl seems to be in some sort of distress but why? The car is beyond functionality, so she didn't run out of gas I'd assume so to me it's hard to grasp the entire concept.

The technical execution is pretty decent. More surrounding details would be nice (more ambient light) to show a bit more of the interior.

The facial expression is a bit awkward but that's really personal preference.

It feels like there is something missing. The girl seems to be looking for something, so what is she looking at?

The framing is too wide to create the mystery of what she is looking for because the viewer knows she is inside a car. With this focal length I'd put the object that she is looking for into the frame to tell the whole story.

Looks promising. Keep going and post here.

Last edited:
Agree! ^^ Lots of potential here, and technically it's pretty good, but artisitically, there's definitely something missing.

Hmm, there is a disconnect because of the light bulb ... unless that is the message.

i like that its a lightbulb...cool aspect.
the facial expression to me says that shes being chased and needs to gtfo of dodge...quick. but there has to be some reason that the lightbulb is lighting and not plugged in...i think im missing something too.

post it bigger, maybe that'll help. ;)

I think all components work together to keep the viewer engaged. To some people that probably spells success in itself. Maybe it will be hailed as the first genius work of your career... or maybe it will be trashed as amateur fluff.

I don't know a damn thing about art, but I like it. :)

^above post reported.

*edit*
reported post removed. (spam)

Last edited:
Oh, I thought he was referring to your post ISO.

yeah...damn they were quick to remove those.
ill edit my post to reflect. thanks.

I know what's going on! She was looking for something, but she wasn't sure what. While digging through the mysterious abandoned car, she comes across a light bulb. As she picks it up to move it out of the way, it suddenly lights. So she's like "WTF?!"

It's obvious.;)

I know what's going on! She was looking for something, but she wasn't sure what. While digging through the mysterious abandoned car, she comes across a light bulb. As she picks it up to move it out of the way, it suddenly lights. So she's like "WTF?!"

It's obvious.;)

I heard it was something along those lines :p ha.

Just curious how on earth did you do that? I'm going to gues Photoshop ofcourse, but still how did you do that.

Don't worry...I see this photo for what it was...practice...plus may I comment on how it looks like a still from a movie? This is GREAT lighting for film...I could see this as one of the storyboard photos for a post-apocalyptic, grunge zombie flick...keep up with what you're doing...

I definately have to agree I love what the photo displays and what it's trying to say. Just had a hard time trying to figure out how he got the lightbulb to be lit up with no power connection. I want to know how! Please tell me how :(

Most reactions

Back