What's new

Fairly new to this - C&C please

MaxJ

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 24, 2010
Messages
18
Reaction score
3
Location
London
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,

I recently got a DSLR and am starting to practice photography more and more. I'm pretty happy with these three photos and was hoping for some C&C to help me get better.


Skoda Rally FOS by MaxCJ, on Flickr




Near Miss by MaxCJ, on Flickr



Rear by MaxCJ, on Flickr

Thanks!
 
If these are works from someone who is 'new', then when he is seasoned, I wonder how great his photos will be. Good work.
 
Honestly, I really like the three of them. I might increase the exposure a bit on the first, maybe lift the shadows a little bit, but it's quite good.

The second at first I thought was just a snapshot, but on a second look I noticed the ball heading towards the pin, and like the capture of the girl's body language as the ball travels. I like it as is. Potential suggestions would actually be to have slightly decreased the aperture so that the traveling ball were less blurred, but given this seems a spur of the moment thing, I also think its fine.

I really like the 3rd as well. The only thing that would've made it more perfect imo would have been if you could have somehow gotten the branch out of the frame or somewhere a bit different. It distracts me a little due to it's proximity to the antenna, so it kinda feels like a part of the car. So maybe lowering the antenna would have been better.

These are quite minor complaints though; you are off to a great start. Also, looking through your Flickr photostream, I really love your abstract stuff.
 
Thanks Bukitimah and Traveler

Napilopez, that's great, thanks a lot for the advice! I may have a go at cloning out the branch in the third one as now that I've seen it, it is beginning to bug me! Also the abstract stuff was all taken today, after reading through the 'abstract/minimalist thread' on here last night. I wasn't expecting to find it as fun as I did and ended up spending most of the day messing around with it. I'm really glad you like them.
​
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom