Fall/Birthday potraits of 2y/o

WarpFactorVIII

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife wanted me to take some pictures of her 2 year old cousin for fall and his upcoming BDay. These were some of the best poses in the session and they have been edited in CS3 so PLEASE give me some C&C and let me know what you think.
_MG_4550copy.jpg

_MG_4540copy.jpg

_MG_4531copycopy.jpg

_MG_4482copy.jpg

_MG_4475copy.jpg

Nice shots, I especially like 3. However, on my monitor, they are coming up with a distinctly yellow hue...

White balance is off so the color on all the photos is off. Yellow on some and green on one or two of them. Overall, my favorite is #3. Have you tried sharpening his eyes up some in that shot? If not, give it a try.:wink:

Since it says it's ok to edit your photos, I played with my favorite one...this is how I'd edit it: (btw, is your monitor calibrated? If not, you may want to check that if you're not seeing how yellow/green the tint is on the pictures. I know that can really affect it!)

In my edit, I corrected white balance, adjusted curves & levels, adjusted levels for the eyes to bring them out more, sharpened eyes.

abc-1.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys..I knew there was a yellowish look to most of them but wasn't a 100% sure how to correct it. I shoot most of the pictures in RAW and used the auto setting on my camera. When I went to edit them the SHADE setting looked the best so thats the one that I used but how exactly did you adjust it after the fact to get the yellowish look out??

Also if you don't mind me asking How did you sharpen just the eyes? I'm still trying to learn Photoshop and I seen a video on how to adjust the levels of the eyes I just don't think I performed that on this one..
Thanks again for the comments!!!!!

You can try using the lasso tool and tracing around the iris and then selecting unsharp mask and dragging the sliders to get the effect you're looking for. With dark eyes like these you can also try using the dodge tool on the iris to help decrease the colour and distinguish it from the black pupil.

Hope that helps.

IMO the lighting difference between foreground and background is too much, watch out for that in the future, also like #3 the best and IMO cropping some off the top would reduce difference in the lighting

#1 and #4 the sky distracts me
#3 i like as is and i love his expression
all nice shots - i can't get a child to not cry long enough for a shot - they hate me

Since you know about the coloring of the skin being off, I won't mention that.
But the sky in number 5 almost looks periwinkle purple to me.
I think these would have been better had you switched places with the child and had your back to the sun and faced the shaded area.:mrgreen:

^Yeah I know about the skin but for some reason I am having trouble getting it to look the way I want it. I keep trying to use the heal brush cause I seen a video and demo of a guy who made the skin tone correct using that.

AS for switching places...lol...there was a big trailer with alot of distractions that I really did not want in the picture...

Thanks for all the comments so far guys...

^o Yeah...I realized that the sky looked crazy in #5 after I looked at the picture again..I have since fixed it..Thanks

Most reactions

Back