Fall Engagements

abfackrell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first thread and would love some C&C I took these pictures a couple weeks ago in Utah

b.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, these are too large. The last, for example, is 1,582px × 1,055px. Which is larger than the resolution setting on most people's monitors, which makes it hard to see the whole image. Try to resize to about 800 pixels wide (give or take) before you upload. It also helps if you number them.

Image #1 is a nice portrait of the woman, but I don't like the way he is cropped out...we see his arm and his ear. If you are going to crop him, either do more or less...try not avoid random parts. I'd also like to see more light in her eyes. The exposure on her face looks great, but the eyes are dark and only have a hint of a catchlight. A reflector would have been ideal here.

I like #2. Great background and the shallow DOF, along with good clothing choice makes them stand out nicely. I might have tried to get rid of that telephone pole but it's not too bad. What I don't like, is that you cropped right into their shoes, yet left loads of space above them. Tilt the camera down just a tad and you've got a much better shot.

#3 is another good shot. I like your processing choice in this one. It's hard to get a feel for the symmetry (because the size). My first though is that I would have also tried stepping to one side of the bridge, thus using the rails as diagonal lines leading to the couple. But I would probably have shot it straight light this and then see which looks better.

#4 is yet another good one. I like what is going on here. I might be temped to clone out the green street sign, but it's blurred enough that it really doesn't matter. But again, you cropped right at their feet when you had room above them.

Overall, I'd say they are very good. They are nice and sharp, the exposure is great, the DOF is pleasing, the poses work and the processing looks good.

I like the shots overall. First thing I noticed were some odd crops. If you want the feet in I would give them a little more space below the feet. Otherwise cropping the feet out probably wouldn't be too bad either. I like the colors and different poses. Good job!

Thanks! I didn't even realize I was cropping so close to the feet! I'll have to go resize the images, they are small on my screen so i didn't even know! Thanks for the feedback, every bit helps!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back