Fall foliage shots. C&C please

Renol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went around shooting the fall scenery. I'd appreciate a few opinions. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5314.jpg

Focal Length: 55.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
Aperture: f/11.0
ISO Equiv.: 400
Bit soft. Probably aperture related?

IMG_5243.jpg

Focal Length: 50.0mm
Exposure Time: 0.0005 s (1/2000)
Aperture: f/1.4
ISO Equiv.: 100

IMG_5268s.jpg

Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)
Aperture: f/5.6
ISO Equiv.: 100
Little soft I know. Probably would've been better with a smaller aperture I'm thinking.

IMG_5296.jpg

Exposure Time: 1/15
Aperture: f/22
ISO Equiv.: 200

#1: don't know not too great in my opinion if u try to bring tress o other color may be it would have worked ...
#2: better....good use of D.O.F although i think it would be better if the leave in the foreground are in focus
#3: the highlights in the sky are blown .....go photo hunting in the evening or early morning ...u will get better exposures or a polarizing filter will do you good
#4: best on e i think.....but again the blown highlights are distracting but otherwise it's great....try increasing the contrast a little bit ....

Thanks for the pointers!

#1 is ok, not a great shot. Need a polarizer. Show all the trees.
#2 is good. Like it except for the leaves out of focus.
#3 is too busy, is this a pic of leaves or a school or a road?
#4 is a nice shot but I would crop the top 1/3 out of it.

1- its not soft because of your aperture, its way to tight. it might be because you were manually focusing. I think you need a stronger subject in this.

2- Good macro shot, saturated reds and oranges, just in future references I have found on all lenses if you close the lens slightly you can get a sharper shot than if it was all the way open.

3- try getting closer to the fence to the photos left, it makes a stronger leading line. This photo has a lot of potential, try multiple perspectives and DOF(s)

4- Great leading line, once again experimental with the DOF and perspective.

keep up the shooting and good work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back