fall pics c&c

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tried to get a few nice shots on a nice day, what do you think?

4044497638_441e838ed5_b.jpg

4043746727_9f5820433d_b.jpg

4043760319_4b0e14e2a6_b.jpg

Nice shots! Here's what I think:

1 - I actually like this shot. It's something I wouldn't expect and it certainly gives me the feeling of fall.

2 - I have mixed feeling about this one. On the one hand, it's an interesting shot. Having the subject be blurred and framed by the fence is kinda neat, but I don't know if I like it or not. I also personally think that barbed wire is very ugly, but it can work in this shot. I might like to see a version of this with your aperture stopped down to see the house in focus as well. Or even with the house in focus, but the fence out of focus. The thing that I really like about the shot is that it shows you were thinking about something, and trying something that might be a bit different, and I admire that.

3 - I find the grass in the lower right hand corner to be a bit distracting. Cropping to remove it, or even attempting to clone it out might make for a better shot. The other option would be to include more of the grass. It might give it a more fall like feel.

Good work there. :)

Number 3 would look amazing in HDR in my opinion. (I don't usually say that) I love barns so much. Nice shots.

I love the way you compose your shots. #1 is very unusual from what I normally see, yet I love it. It really stands out. I also like how you did #2. On the contrary to Big, I think the barbed wire and dead grass really give the shot an awesome feeling. Makes me think more of the place and time of year while giving the shot an awesome feeling IMO.

I love the way you compose your shots. #1 is very unusual from what I normally see, yet I love it. It really stands out. I also like how you did #2. On the contrary to Big, I think the barbed wire and dead grass really give the shot an awesome feeling. Makes me think more of the place and time of year while giving the shot an awesome feeling IMO.

I just don't like barbed wire very much in shots. It sometimes works, and here, I actually don't mind it. The dead grass I was referring to was in #3 where it was just in the bottom right hand corner. There's so little of it, but it's a bright spot in the corner of the frame. It drew my eyes right out of the frame. My suggestion was to crop/clone it out, or recompose with more of it. But these really are interesting, unique shots. :)

I love the first shot, it's a touch to bright for my taste, but overall I love the fall feeling. The second shot has great depth of field and a good composition, but again I feel it's a little over exposed. The third shot the exposure and colors are great. Nice shots.

I don't know about anyone else but for me it seems on 1 there is just so much space at the top that my eye is drawn to the out of focus area which isn't the main focus. Maybe a bit of a crop of the top would help out. Maybe it's just me but thats just imho I like the bokeh and subject though good eye.
tj

1 - I actually like this shot. It's something I wouldn't expect and it certainly gives me the feeling of fall.

2 - I have mixed feeling about this one. On the one hand, it's an interesting shot. Having the subject be blurred and framed by the fence is kinda neat, but I don't know if I like it or not. I also personally think that barbed wire is very ugly, but it can work in this shot. I might like to see a version of this with your aperture stopped down to see the house in focus as well. Or even with the house in focus, but the fence out of focus. The thing that I really like about the shot is that it shows you were thinking about something, and trying something that might be a bit different, and I admire that.

3 - I find the grass in the lower right hand corner to be a bit distracting. Cropping to remove it, or even attempting to clone it out might make for a better shot. The other option would be to include more of the grass. It might give it a more fall like feel.

i got one of those too. it just didn't appeal to me as much. the barn just seems too far away almost to be the subject and in focus really well.

4048953706_b7d5c31257_b.jpg

How about shooting the barn with the aperture wide-open so that EVERYTHING in the foreground is blurred? Did you happen to get one of those? I do like that shot though but I think I'd have put the focus point either on the barn or on the fence post and shot it wide open.

I'm with fiveoboy01 here. Having the barn and the fence post crisp makes both features fight for your attention. A wider aperture would throw everything but the barn out of focus and I think would have a nicer affect.

i got one of those too. it just didn't appeal to me as much. the barn just seems too far away almost to be the subject and in focus really well.

4048953706_b7d5c31257_b.jpg

this shot was f5.6 1/1250 sec focus on the barn. I wish i'd went down further...

thanks for all the replies, first positive I"ve ever received!!

Most reactions

Back