fall portraits

michael_nixon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey all,

i've been requested to do fall portraits of a friend and her 2yr old baby. she wants it outdoors and there's a couple of places we've already picked out. one is a generally wooded area that she's really fond of. the other is a local park with a big pond/small lake in the middle.

my question is what should i have them wear. they're farely like complected people. the only real portraits i've done is b&w nudes. i've never involved colour. i want it to look classy and very light (if that makes since to anyone).

First of all, spend some time at each site and have a good look around, figure out what time of day will work best for each location (Shadow, dappeled light, overall illumination) and then have a really good look at the colours that you see there at that time. It's really hard to pick colours without seeing the site; I would recommend something that contasts and compliments that predominant colours, in other words, if it's a mainly green forest, then go for say rich blues. Also take into account what colours look best on the people (generally they will know what their own best colours are). Don't forget a flash for fill light and a white card to check your WB.

Most reactions

Back