Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Exposure bias: -0.67 ev
F-stop number: f/5.6
ISO speed: 100
Shutter speed: 1/181 sec
Focal length: 23.20 mm

A little editing added of course

LegionPark135.jpg

This is very pretty, however I feel like the photo is a little crooked. This look more like a painting then a photo...almost feels like a touch of HDR?

Now that you mention it, the line down the middle is a little offset.. I had tried the HDR with this same shot and did not like the out come of it, this was actually done with some manual adjustments, then over lapped with a soft glow plugin. I lost some of the sharpness in searching for the "mood" i was feeling while taking the shot.

Yea, I feels like its tilting to the right just a tad...

I personally dont think the loss of detail effected it. I feel the mood, very tranquil and zen-like. I think its very peaceful! :thumbup:

I see the tilt myself now sitting back and looking.. Thank you for pointing that out.. I had taken this shot by hand, next time i will try the tri pod. It was very tranquil and peaceful there.. Thank you!

I like it. It has a very soft, tranquil feeling to it. The only thing I might try, if it was mine, is to dodge a bit of the creek in the upper half of the image, where it is dark. This might bring out the details, if there are any, in the water's surface.

WesternGuy

I like it. It has a very soft, tranquil feeling to it. The only thing I might try, if it was mine, is to dodge a bit of the creek in the upper half of the image, where it is dark. This might bring out the details, if there are any, in the water's surface.

WesternGuy

Thank you! I am grateful of any and all suggestions, this is something i will try to see what can be achieved from it.

I rarely comment on photos posted as I don't think I have the skills to give good C&C but I really like this a lot. Not sure if its what you intended but it gives me the feel of a classic old oil painting from one of the greats like constable. I think there are a few technical flaws as previously mentioned but that does little to take away from the peaceful, natural feel of the image.

Well done.

I rarely comment on photos posted as I don't think I have the skills to give good C&C but I really like this a lot. Not sure if its what you intended but it gives me the feel of a classic old oil painting from one of the greats like constable. I think there are a few technical flaws as previously mentioned but that does little to take away from the peaceful, natural feel of the image. Well done.
Thank you.. I was trying to reproduce the feeling of the area in the shot, and now after careful consideration, and fresh perspective from a few comments here, i see how i could have made this even better..

Nice shot man, I agree with everyone. It gives off a very soft nature like feeling.

Stunning portrait! Just beautiful!

I think it is a nice picture. I would love to have a bit more of flowing motion in the water, but I think it's good as it is as. The tilt IS there, though, and that wothers me a little more. The softness is really not at all an issue, though, as I think the mood is more important here and you nailed that.

Nice image, well done. Get rid of the watermark, it's not needed and adds nothing to an otherwise nice photograph.

I have to agree. I was drawn to the rocks in the lower part of the frame and the watermark only enhanced the obtrusion. Perhaps cropping the teeny-tiny rocks at the very bottom and toning down the watermark.

Nice shot man, I agree with everyone. It gives off a very soft nature like feeling.

Thank you, that was what i was trying for.

Stunning portrait! Just beautiful!

Thank you!

Nice image, well done. Get rid of the watermark, it's not needed and adds nothing to an otherwise nice photograph.
I tend to post some of these pics in other places on the net, hence the watermark, but do understand why you say this, and will work on making it more transparent, so it does not take away from the photo as much.

I think it is a nice picture. I would love to have a bit more of flowing motion in the water, but I think it's good as it is as. The tilt IS there, though, and that wothers me a little more. The softness is really not at all an issue, though, as I think the mood is more important here and you nailed that.
After looking this photo over a good handful of times, do agree, i wish there had been a little more motion in the flow of the water. The tilt, now that it is apparent to me, bothers me as well. I am happy that the mood was captured though, it is a start, and i will continue on improving these type of shots.

I have to agree. I was drawn to the rocks in the lower part of the frame and the watermark only enhanced the obtrusion. Perhaps cropping the teeny-tiny rocks at the very bottom and toning down the watermark.

Thank you! I had thought about cropping out those rocks on the left hand side but was worried that if i did so, the tree trunk on the right would then grab attention, but i shall play around with this and see which would be better.. The watermark, i agree, i need to tone it down some..

Most reactions

Back