What's new

Fall

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This evening's sunset over a local apple grove. No crazy bumping to saturation or vibrance, the colors were stunning all on their own!

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

1.

Fall by TogaLive, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
How many exposures were used for this?
 
Lovely shot! I might crop just a little bit of the sky if it were me. Awesome colors.
 
Three all total. One at -3, one at 0, another at +3. That said I chose to exclude a large portion of the +3, I didn't want the background trees lit, only the shadow details on the subject tree. They were all shot handheld, bracketed, on burst. We were trespassing into a park which was closed, so I didn't want to take the time setting up a tripod.
 
Three all total. One at -3, one at 0, another at +3. That said I chose to exclude a large portion of the +3, I didn't want the background trees lit, only the shadow details on the subject tree. They were all shot handheld, bracketed, on burst. We were trespassing into a park which was closed, so I didn't want to take the time setting up a tripod.

I like it. The reason I asked is because it looks like you isolated that tree deliberately. I was going to ask if you did this in camera but it sounds like you did it post. Have you used the multi-exposure software on the 6D yet?
 
I like it. The reason I asked is because it looks like you isolated that tree deliberately. I was going to ask if you did this in camera but it sounds like you did it post. Have you used the multi-exposure software on the 6D yet?
Glad you do! I have toyed with it, but haven't been very impressed with the results. I don't do much in post, but blending images is something I'd much rather leave to my own hands than the processor of a DSLR. It isn't bad, and it can be downright fun, but I haven't found a situation where it has really wowed me. Similar to the "HDR" mode on the 6D. It gets the job done, but isn't up to snuff. Why use it when I can bracket myself?
 
Beautiful shot. With stunning clouds like that, I vote to not crop the sky.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom