family at the park

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i dont know what is going on with the sharpening on this after ive loaded to flickr? lol doesnt look crazy on my pc. strange.

shumans by capturedbybc, on Flickr

I like the pic. I'm new here. .not fair for me to comment. But have ppl talk about the subject not being in the centre The 3rd rule .

Santosh Rane
Suunto Ambit 2
GNote 2
Samsung NX300
Merida TFS100

^^ Yeah, but that rule is not used as much in portrait/people photography, if I'm not mistaken. It looks odd for a family to be situated to the third of an image with a whole ton of empty space to their side.

re the original capture, I love the expressions that you captured! Love that it's not stilted ...

Thank you both for the comments. I do follow the rule sometimes but I tend to break it a lot more often. Lol

Composition-wise this works very well. You've got the "horizon" line (the edge of the grass) ideally placed at about 1/3 of the way up (remember, the "Rule" of thirds does NOT just apply to the subject), and you've got family in more or less a nice triangle formation centred about 1/3 of the way in from the RH side. The backlighting works well, but I think this image would have really popped if you'd had a nice big light just off of lens axis camera right to fill in; it seems just a bit under-exposed and flat to me.

I like the pic. I'm new here. .not fair for me to comment. But have ppl talk about the subject not being in the centre The 3rd rule .

Santosh Rane
Suunto Ambit 2
GNote 2
Samsung NX300
Merida TFS100
What I've learned with group family shots is that it's a good idea to keep them centered and try to group them in a way so that they form a sort of triangle shape together, which the photographer seemed to do in this shot. I agree with echoyjeff that it looks odd to have groups off-center.

i dont know what is going on with the sharpening on this after ive loaded to flickr? lol doesnt look crazy on my pc. strange.

IIRC flickr does a unsharp mask to resized images.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back