Family Portrait?

the pay was $10 and free 8x10's ..... but since he's an actor ... i suspect he may use a few to promote his play or whatever (not that mine are fantastic, but their mine.. plus my hubby got better shots than i did ... and his is mine too :p )

i really wouldnt mind him using "our stuff" (ok, i can dream a little :p ) ... but i think we would want to have some control over it ... and my hubby is really protective of his work .... he doesnt like to share it much with people

a model release has nothing to do with copyright ownership. a transfer of copyrights is a different document.

a model release allows you to use the photographs as you desire (for commercial purposes, etc.). as soon as you click the shutter, the copyright belongs to you, so you forever control the destiny of the photos.

... the rules pertaining to Copyright, as outlined in this post, apply in the USA and several other countries

Members should check the law in their own jurisdiction as to how Copyright applies

The law can be complicated and i've been caught out a few times in different places

:)

e_

btw .. i darkened the first photo (isnt photoshop wonderful :p ) ... but the strange thing is .. i printed them out and their much darker than web .... go figure :?

Most reactions

Back