Fashion shoot with trilif3

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by camz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. curtyoungblood

curtyoungblood No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you actually looked at the websites of the companys you listed? If the photos don't actually have snowboarding/ surfing, etc gear in them, then they're at least in settings where those things take place. I realize that these exotic mountain locations are probably outside of your budget, but surely there's a lake, trail, or bike path that would have been a better setting.

• Like Like x 1
  2. camz

camz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes I did =). Go look at the clothing line of roxy and you'll know what I"m talking about. This is not the end all be all shoot for the company and defintely not the last shoot. This particular shoot doesn't speak for the whole scope of the visual motif the company is going for. It's tiny spec in a big pool of ideas my friend.

And what do you mean outside of my budget? this was paid by the company. hmmmm...do you have any industry experience? Where are the pros that use to comment in this site who have added value and understand what's going on?

3. camz

camz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for pointing that out, I guess it's preference but I see what you mean brah.

4. Braineack

Braineack Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Without knowing, it's probably better. What I saw was a trendy hispter line of trashy goodwill clothes; if that's what they were going with, then you nailed it :)

sounds like you nailed it ;)

5. TheFotog

TheFotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Cool shots, the last is my favorite.

6. trojancast

trojancast TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Beautiful shots, but I don't know how she's going to run a triathlon in those heels! :wink:

7. curtyoungblood

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Roxy's website demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about. I may need to be more specific though. A lot of the photography on Roxy's site is the photographs that actually show off the clothing for the catalog. They're shot on a white background and in a style that really shows of the clothing. That isn't what the photos you've shown us are doing, so I'm ignoring that part of the photography on Roxy's website. The photos that you're showing look more like the header photos on their website. Those are all taken outdoors, in the snow, and in an environment that makes sense for people who live the kind of lifestyle that they're basing their clothing off of.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. kathyt

kathyt Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    I really like this set cam. Very cool and trendy vibe. I am feeling it. The zipper on #5 is bugging me, but that is about it. I like how you used a real runner as your model.

9. amolitor

amolitor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think the reference to Roxy was to the type of clothing involved here.

These shots are obviously not catalog shots, they're advertising shots, part of a campaign. The look of a campaign is going to be specific to the campaign. So, comparing the overall look of these shots to Roxy's catalog shots isn't gonna go very far, and comparing to a specific Roxy campaign is also likely to turn up some differences. The snow stuff on Roxy is mainly because it's winter. They do slip some summer photos in for the dresses etc here and there, but a lot of the non-seasonal stuff actually has no header photos.

10. curtyoungblood

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It isn't my intention to compare the overall look of the two campaigns, but the themes. I definitely agree that these photos have a cohesive look and feel and do a good job of creating a look and message. I just don't think these photos convey the best message. This is where my comparison to Roxy comes in. When you look at their advertising photos, you see active outdoor lifestyle.

11. Memorylanephotos

Memorylanephotos TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Really nice work! Thanks for sharing.