Fashion shoot with trilif3

Wow what a crit! Hey man takes for taking the time to write that all out. But it's a triathalon inspired company and without looking at a company's mission statement or credo values you probably won't understand the business target market they are after. No harm no foul as I didn't ellaborate as it wasn't the point.

Without knowing, it's probably better. What I saw was a trendy hispter line of trashy goodwill clothes; if that's what they were going with, then you nailed it :)

This is not a performance gear used by triathaletes during their races, but a casual attire inspired by triathaletes to wear outside the racing world targeted to the urban young #selfie croud - that's the company's target.

sounds like you nailed it ;)

Beautiful shots, but I don't know how she's going to run a triathlon in those heels! :wink:

Yes I did =). Go look at the clothing line of roxy and you'll know what I"m talking about.

Roxy's website demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about. I may need to be more specific though. A lot of the photography on Roxy's site is the photographs that actually show off the clothing for the catalog. They're shot on a white background and in a style that really shows of the clothing. That isn't what the photos you've shown us are doing, so I'm ignoring that part of the photography on Roxy's website. The photos that you're showing look more like the header photos on their website. Those are all taken outdoors, in the snow, and in an environment that makes sense for people who live the kind of lifestyle that they're basing their clothing off of.

Last edited:
I really like this set cam. Very cool and trendy vibe. I am feeling it. The zipper on #5 is bugging me, but that is about it. I like how you used a real runner as your model.

I think the reference to Roxy was to the type of clothing involved here.

These shots are obviously not catalog shots, they're advertising shots, part of a campaign. The look of a campaign is going to be specific to the campaign. So, comparing the overall look of these shots to Roxy's catalog shots isn't gonna go very far, and comparing to a specific Roxy campaign is also likely to turn up some differences. The snow stuff on Roxy is mainly because it's winter. They do slip some summer photos in for the dresses etc here and there, but a lot of the non-seasonal stuff actually has no header photos.

It isn't my intention to compare the overall look of the two campaigns, but the themes. I definitely agree that these photos have a cohesive look and feel and do a good job of creating a look and message. I just don't think these photos convey the best message. This is where my comparison to Roxy comes in. When you look at their advertising photos, you see active outdoor lifestyle.

Most reactions

Back