bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Twix.
Mars.
Kit Kat.

A finger of Fudge is just enough until it's time to eat.
It's full of Cadbury goodness
But there is more I need.
A finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat.

That's a bit odd now I look at it. I'll change mine to Curly Wurly.

Mine would probably be Reese's PeanutButter Cups. Both the the boyfriend and I are nuts for em. In fact, he yelled at me a few weeks ago, because I brought him home a big bag of em that I got on clearance after Halloween...he said never to do it again, because he eats all of em.

Why are chocolate bars called candy by people in the US? They're all really different to UK confectionary as well - I quite liked Hershey bars, but I can't remember much about US chocolate - it's milkier and sweeter isn't it?

Rob said:
Why are chocolate bars called candy by people in the US? They're all really different to UK confectionary as well - I quite liked Hershey bars, but I can't remember much about US chocolate - it's milkier and sweeter isn't it?

Honestly don't know...I think it all just falls under "Candy" and then separated into types, such as "chocolate bars" and ....well other stuff. I don't usually like much of the other stuff. Just give me chocolate.

Rob said:
A finger of Fudge is just enough until it's time to eat.
It's full of Cadbury goodness
But there is more I need.
A finger of Fudge is just enough to give your kids a treat.

That's a bit odd now I look at it. I'll change mine to Curly Wurly.
:biglaugh:

Hershey's Special something-or-other. It's the dark, bittersweet kind. My fave. :thumbup:

Rob, we have the usual different kinds of chocolate here in the US, too - milk, bittersweet, white, etc - as to why it's all lumped under "candy", your guess is as good as mine.

Curly Wurly's. Man it's been a while since i've been back to the motherland.

My Nan brought a few of those for my little brother and sister. I didn't get any cause I was "too big". PFFFT!!

Grandparents are mean. Apparently now that I'm 25, I won't be getting anything for my Birthday/Christmas. All of a sudden because I'm 25 I become to old to be their only Grandson to carry on the family name. Pfft.

Karalee said:
Milky bar
Mars bar
Flake
Caramello

I dont think any of those are in america though, at least I havent seen them.

If you meant Milky Way bar, then all except for Flake, I've heard of, and seen often.

The biggest difference between chocolate in the UK and the chocolate in North America is it's origin.

From what I was told the UK chococate comes from those fine chocolate makers in Europe. And the cocoa for North America comes from...I think South America? Anyway. The chocolate tastes way better in the UK.

End of story. Hershey's SUCKS. IMO.

I actually had a milky way the other day. Nothing like it used to be in England.

Most reactions

Back