TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
rlp-photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what does FD stand for?

I see both on ebay, I thought it was only EF 70-210mm f/4
I also see it written 1:4 and f/4 are these terms the same?

FD is the type of mount Canon used for their manual focus cameras. They only work on older 35mm cameras, without an adapter. You want EF lenses for your XT. 1:4 and f/4 mean the same thing.

FD is the type of mount Canon used for their manual focus cameras. They only work on older 35mm cameras, without an adapter. You want EF lenses for your XT. 1:4 and f/4 mean the same thing.

Thank God I got an EF I saw after I purchased the FD then got confused they should indicated that in the auction somewhere.

You should read your manual before you buy anything for your camera, because I'm pretty sure it tells you to buy EF lenses.

Totally besides the point, I actually liked the FD system better. With FD, you insert the lens and twist the lock ring instead of bayonetting the whole lens on like current Canon, Nikons & everybody else.

There is less overall wear and tear on the lens mounts with FD and they feel more sturdy.

Ok, now I crawl back into my with the rest of the cavemen...

You should read your manual before you buy anything for your camera, because I'm pretty sure it tells you to buy EF lenses.

Don't get me wrong I knew to buy EF lenses but wasn't sure if the other was ok too. I thought maybe it ws an error LOL when I saw it say FD you know like a typo.

Most reactions

Back