Feather C&C

Rudha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi i got this peacock feather laying around so i took some pics herez the best one....i added an unsharpen mask in pp.

4703555001_6b44e68a92_b.jpg

C&C per req:

A good start; it appears to me about 2/3 - 1 stop under-exposed. I would also consider greater separation between the feather and the background to ensure that the feather remains sharp while the background becomes soft and non-distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

thanks john....i decreased the brightness in pp but i'm not sure if that will have the same effect as underexposing....and i see what you mean about the separation and looks like next time i must find a cleaner place too....lol

thanks john....i decreased the brightness in pp but i'm not sure if that will have the same effect as underexposing....and i see what you mean about the separation and looks like next time i must find a cleaner place too....lol

He means that the photo seems underexposed. Which means you should consider increasing the exposure (I use Lightroom for this.)

lol a beginner mistake i confused the terms....thanks

He means that the photo seems underexposed. Which means you should consider increasing the exposure (I use Lightroom for this.)

Even better to get it right in the camera! :wink:

What lens did you use? Did you use a macro? If not, that would have been a good place to start especially when working up close with a subject that you want a lot of detail on.

50 mm f/1.8D prime lens i don't have a macro lens and the good ones are really expensive so for now its crop crop crop ....lol

50 mm f/1.8D prime lens i don't have a macro lens and the good ones are really expensive so for now its crop crop crop ....lol
What camera are you using? Have you been watching ebay for deals on lenses? do you know anyone near you that has the same camera with a macro, maybe you could work out a deal.

i use a d40 and about e-bay i think the best deals always happen in america and i live in india....i will look into it and if i have a sweet deal i will grab it ;)

i use a d40 and about e-bay i think the best deals always happen in america and i live in india....i will look into it and if i have a sweet deal i will grab it ;)
Ebay Europe might be your best bet for lenses. I don't know all that much about international shipping rates, if it is cheaper to ship from the EU or US.

i think you are right i just checked it out and ebay india sucks even worse my best bet is to make my mum buy in america and get it for me this winter ....lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back