Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok...so I'm feeling a bit sappy today (maybe it's cuz the heat has turned my brain to mush, but oh well!) but I feel like starting a sap thread.

I feel it's a good day to take some time to show appreciation for someone that you feel is under-appreciated, or someone who never fails to make you smile. Lets recognize those good deeds that people do that have gone seemingly un-noticed. It can be anyone...a forum member, a family member, a friend, co-worker, a nice stranger that helped you out. Lets hear it!

I'm going to start out with a FORUM MEMBER.

Everyday I come here, LaFoto NEVER ceases to make me smile! She takes the time to make every post a thoughtful and helpful one. She is always there to wish someone a happy birthday or congrats for this or that. I've never seen her act anything other than kind-hearted. So LaFoto...I just wanted you to know, that I appreciate you! :hug::

So...who's next? Who do YOU appreciate?

i appreciate all the mods for doing such great behind the scenes work all the time!

I appreciate this guy who worked at the auto-parts store.... last week, when my husband locked himself out of the van in their parking lot....while it was still RUNNING....:roll: he refused to leave us, even though it was closing time, or give up trying until BING! Somehow he'd contrived something to pry open the windows, and between the two of them, they got it open.....

....while I was standing behind them with my cell phone and a locksmith ready to drive over and charge fifty bucks....:blushing: Hey, it would have done the job, too....

So here's to you, Mr. Auto-Parts Store Man - you rocked, fo' shizzle! :thumbup:

I am thankful to a former co-worker of Aubrey's who made a chocolate chip pudding cake which Aubrey stole a piece from and smuggled up to me. Thank you Leslie, you ROCK!

I am thankful for my sweet and amazing boyfriend! He always calls me up when I least expect it (although I didn't like the 3am phone call last night) and he always tells me that he loves me and supports whatever I want to do and puts up with my stubborness and the fact that I live 1700kms away from him and only go and visit him every 6 weeks or so! :-( Awww I'm so thankful for him!! :lovey:

(Oh and I'm also thankful to the delivery man who delivered our huge plasma widescreen tv yesterday - You rock Mr Delivery Man!!)

I've actually got a few to mention. I promise it'll be short. :lol:

Matt, Alison and Hertz - here at the forum - for being such good friends, good listeners and a damn fine cheering section when I have needed it the most.

Traci (here on the forum) and Nina - both from my office - for holding things together when I didn't think I could do it on my own or for one more minute. These girls get special kudos for putting up with some serious BS!

And last but hardly least, my boyfriend Malachite. He has stood beside me through thick and thin, given me a shoulder to cry on, a strong chest to fall asleep on (even when I'm snoring like a tractor :lol: ) and everything that a girl could possibly want from her man. :lovey:

I love you guys! :love:

On the forum:

Meysha for making me laugh - you're a million miles north but it feels like you're standing next to me sometimes. (scary thought! j/k) :)

Artemis for the interesting topics - jU 1337 hAxXxo0R Ju!!11

Ferny for the classic British humour :lol:

and Hertz for the endless knowledge. :)

Off the forum:

My Parents: Always there for me regardless of my life decisions and stupid behavior, they support me all the time and never fail to fuel my imagination (and tastes in music)

My Girlfriend Mel: We only spend the weekends together but I swear time slows down when we're in each-others company - must be God's way of saying 'enjoy it while you're young and not married!!' :lol:

My Bandmates: Both onstage and off we still manage to have a field day wether it be in the rehersal room or down at the pub playing...must be just me but the beer always tastes sweeter during band sessions. :)

I am new to the forum, so I can only give you all a blanket kudos for being very tolerant of me. In the short time I have been here I have had a lot of fun. Thanks you all for a kind and pleasant atmosphere to participate in.

My greatest thanks have to go to my wife Cathy. She said yes 32 years ago, to a man that did not deserve as good a woman as she is. When I spent 30 weeks in the hospital in 1992, she was at my side almost every night. Every time I fell asleep she was there. Every time I awoke, there she was. I know she left to go home, make sure the kids had money and clean cloths, to take a shower, and change her cloths. But whenever I opened my eyes, she was what I saw. When I came home from that stay, she helped give me I.V.'s twice a day for months. When a jerk doctor told her on three occasions to go home and get my affairs in order, that I would not make it out of the hospital, she did not give up. She had kept me alive when the doc's gave up on me, and propped up my spirits when I was about to give up. She always helps get me in a good mood, always has uplifting things to say, and always a joy to be around. She has supported me in everything I choose to pursue, and I do for her as well. We have always had similar interests and had fun pursuing them. Thanks Cathy, I love you.

^^^^

Awww. That is the sweetest thing I've ever read. You're a lucky guy there and it's awesome that you take the time to appreciate your wife. Awwwww... now I've gone all mushy and gooey.

Thanks a lot corry for starting this thread. ;-)

Hmmm...another person that I feel deserves more appreciation than they get...

The old man I work with in the office of my step-dad's company. He'll be 80 this year, and has several health problems, but yet, he looks out for me, and totally downplays his own problems. It was boiling hot yesterday in the office, and I kept turning the fan towards him so he could use it...I'm young..I might feel like crap, but I'll live...he needs it more than I do. Anyway..he kept insisting that I use the fan for myself (it's teensy and not something we can both use at the same time). Also, throughout this past year working with him, he has re-told me countless tales of when he was younger and times were simpler. He has opened my eyes to the history of the local area, and enthralled me with stories from his stint in WWII, and when he spent a day and a half on a life raft after his plane went down over the ocean. This world has definately been a better place with him in it.

Now come on people! I'm sure you've got more people than this to be thankful and appreciative to!

Okay, here's another. I could go on and on ad nausuem about Aubrey and the things I am thankful for about him, but it's really the small things that mean so much. The fact that he is tired but is staying up to help me finish up my midterm that is due tomorrow. He could easly kiss me and say goodnight but he won't. He'll stay here with me until I'm done, even if it means he falls asleep on the couch just because that's the way he is. Plus he refills my glass with milk and I didn't have to ask. And he thinks I'm beautiful even when my belly is so big I can't see my feet anymore :thumbsup:

Aubrey, knock it off...you're putting too much pressure on me man!

Bumping this thread again...

I must mention some people that make me incredibly happy...

Anyone that works or ever has worked in retail knows you can get some awful customers in that just ruin your whole day...but it works the opposite way, too. I have some of the most wonderful customers that come in (usually when I'm working my busy Sunday shift) that just make work so much more enjoyable! Many of the best are regular customers...they seek me out everytime they are in if they need help with something, or even just to talk and say hi. I can have 5 awful customers in a row, but one good one will make the day totally better.

Today I had a customer demand my stores phone number so they could call tommorrow and talk to the manager about me...because she wanted to tell her how much she enjoys coming into the store because of me!!!

It's customers like that that make me actually WANT to come to work.

I think those people deserve a lot of appreciation.

core_17 said:
Bumping this thread again...

I must mention some people that make me incredibly happy...

Anyone that works or ever has worked in retail knows you can get some awful customers in that just ruin your whole day...but it works the opposite way, too. I have some of the most wonderful customers that come in (usually when I'm working my busy Sunday shift) that just make work so much more enjoyable! Many of the best are regular customers...they seek me out everytime they are in if they need help with something, or even just to talk and say hi. I can have 5 awful customers in a row, but one good one will make the day totally better.

Today I had a customer demand my stores phone number so they could call tommorrow and talk to the manager about me...because she wanted to tell her how much she enjoys coming into the store because of me!!!

It's customers like that that make me actually WANT to come to work.

I think those people deserve a lot of appreciation.

i feel the same way. though i dont work in retail, sometimes people are such a******* at my work that even just one that says thank you to me makes me want to come to work

I would like to say thank you to Hobbes/Aubrey for putting up with insane pregnancy cravings. He went to McDonalds to get us lunch today as a treat for us and the boys. Well, they forgot to put in the hot sauce that I dip my fries in, and he forgot to order my shake. So, without missing a beat he said, well, I'm going to WalMart (to get the stuff for the boys chicken pox) and you said you wanted BK to begin with, what can I get you? That is true love :love:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back