feel like an idiot for asking....

rdzmzda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hmmm so not sure but is this technically exposed correctly the shooting of the night and moon is kinda tricky to get just right? not even sure if i did....
3106781999_8cb99d8024.jpg

It depends what you want to capture ...

if you expose this more, than you will get more cloud detail but the moon will become a light blob

if you expose this less, then you will get more detail on the moon but loose the hints of clouds.

I would suggest getting a closer image of the moon and change the composition.

haha yeah this sucks i tried a couple shot last night and couldnt seem to get any of them right....tripod needed? if anyone has some really nice night shots and how they did it some recomendations would be nice....it was an awesome night sky and i just couldnt capture it quite right last night :(

haha yeah this sucks i tried a couple shot last night and couldnt seem to get any of them right....tripod needed? if anyone has some really nice night shots and how they did it some recomendations would be nice....it was an awesome night sky and i just couldnt capture it quite right last night :(

Yes, you are definately going to want a tripod regardless of wether you want to expose for the moon or the clouds.

Like dxqcanada said, try getting a closer image of the moon and change the composition. All that dead space is not helping the shot at all reguardless of the exposure target....It'll be easier to fine tune it for the next time from there.

What are you shooting with?

you need a very good telephoto lense for moon photography

Most reactions

Back