Feelin Great!

SCguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am feeling great today! I am 17, in school, and working part time/ full time. (School year- part time, Summer- full time) I work at a local shop as a mechanic in training. My boss gave me this job at 15, even though I knew very little about cars. Next year, (senior year) I will be going to tech school and night classes. He is paying for all of my schooling. Recently, I have been looking at getting a toolbox and some tools of my own. If you have ever priced tools, the decent ones are pretty steep, especially for a minimum wage high school junior. I need around $800-1000 to get started. My boss knew this, and he wants to go with me when I buy tools to make sure I get the best deal for my money. Yesterday, I was in the office picking up my check, when my boss gets this serious tone in his voice (he jokes around alot) and asks me when I want to go tool-shopping. I told him probably after I got my tax refund. He looks at me and says, "Ryan, someone has taken notice of your work ethic (or something like that) and knows that you need some money to buy tools with. This person gave me $600 to go towards buying some tools. This person wishes to remain anonymous, and that the best way to thank them is to apply yourself and work as hard as you can." He said the person said not to try to find out who it was, but I am pretty sure that it was him.
Recently, I went on a class trip to Florida. I got my paycheck and in it was $40 and a note that said "Have fun in Florida." $40 is pretty good when I am bringing home an average of $50 a week. This Christmas, I received a Christmas card from him. I opened it (kind of hoping for a little money inside, you know how that is) hoping for a $10 bill or so, when out fell a $100. It was with this money that I paid off most of my camera, and why I am on here now. The card read: "Thanks alot for being such a willing and great worker!! Your good attitude & a willingness to learn is both noticed and appreciated! Keep it up!"
My boss is understanding when I have to call in sick, never gets mad, always is understanding, generous, patient, and is a good, Christian man.

I believe I have the perfect boss. (Except maybe his height. I'm 6'1" and he' about 5'3" or so. Kind of weird looking down, saying Yes, sir)

RD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back